Plugin work with GC-SV1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin work with GC-SV1?

I'm trying to use the UltraGCIR plugin to display the power status of my DVD player. I have an iTach IP2IR connected to my DVD player via the GC-SV1 cable (senses the video out signal to determine if the device is on or off). I have the iTach connector set to "Sensor In".

The plugin creates a device for this connector correctly but the status does not change when the DVD player is turned on/off. I see the light on the iTach turn on/off in sync with the DVD player so I'm pretty sure I have it hooked up correctly.

Does this plugin support the GC-SV1 device? If so, any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

A little more info...

If I restart HomeSeer, the device (created by the plugin) associated with the GC-SV1 displays its status correctly ("Active" or "Inactive").

For example, if I have my DVD player on when I restart HomeSeer, the device string will display "Active" when HomeSeer starts. If (while HomeSeer is still running) I turn off the DVD player, the device string will NOT update to inactive.

Any ideas?

Comment

FWIW, I have GC-SV1 connected to a DirecTV receiver and working perfectly with the plugin. The receiver is connected to a AV distribution system so I never want it to be powered off. I have an event that is triggered when the UltraGCIR plugin detects the sensor becoming inactive and sends a command to the receiver to switch back on. For fun I added a new event that sends me an email when the sensor becomes "active" and that works too.

-David

Comment

David, what is your SV1 connected too? I'm using an iTach IP2IR. Could my problem be specific to this device?

Comment

I'm connected to a GC-100-12.

Comment

Just a thought... on the itach, do you have the connector configured for "sensor" or "sensor with auto-notify"?

Comment

Sensor In

Comment

OK, just had a quick look at the docs and checked a WF2IR that I have. On the iTach you need to select "Sensor Notify". You may have to update the firmware of your iTach to get this option.

-David

Comment

I have that option on my IP2IR. What "Notify Port" did you enter?

Comment

UltraGCIR HSPI version 1.1.4345.17936 was posted. This version adds support for Sensor Notify on the iTach units. From the iTach IR Configuring web page, simply select "Sensor Notify", then set the notify port to 9132 and the notify timer to 0. Once this is complete, you can disconnect/reconnect the WiFi unit via the status page or restart HomeSeer.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
                    X