Tesla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesla

Just bought a tesla model S. It rocks. I thought there would be some disappointment but there is none. Anyway, this truly seems like a car made for homeseer in my opinion. It has a streaming API location as other data can be gathered. I sense a plugin and if I had more programming knowledge I would develop one. Anyone else have one? I know they are expensive but they are worth every penny...

Congrats, I'm glad I finally have someone to ask about this car. Let us know in a few weeks what the real world range is in the hot weather. Did you get the performance model? I assume you got the Tech Package and Sound Studio Package? Did you opt for the 85 kWh Battery?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Tesla

I've had it for over a week and the range is pretty accurate depending on what you base it on. With the 85 kw battery I get about 240 miles on a charge but I rarely use more than a hundred with my job. I have a nema 14-50 outlet installed in my garage which cost about $300 bucks to have installed but it charges at about 29 mi/hr.

I did get the tech and audio package. I didn't get the performance vehicle and I'm glad I didn't because this thing is plenty fast.

Comment

This thread is useless without pics.

Comment

I've had a Tesla S Performance w/ 85kw battery since Thanksgiving. It is a wonderful car and lots of fun to drive. Acceleration and handling is fantastic and really surprises everyone who goes for a drive.

I have a VB script that I run under HS that accesses the Tesla REST API. I poll the car every 15 minutes (I could trigger the script more often, but I don't know what I'd use the data for) and grab the data and simply put it into monthly .CSV files and then use Excel to read the CSV and do graphs for charge state, etc. The attachment Tesla_Charge_Log_2013_06.pdf shows an example of a graph showing charge state and temperature. You can see how it maintains the battery charge. I also have some Excel VBA that takes the lat/long from the API and gets the address from Google maps so I can follow my trip.

I haven't seen the need for the Tesla Streaming API -- I'm the only driver & I know where I'm driving so the 15 minute samples from above are just fine.

The attachment HS_Daily_Summary_2013.pdf shows the details on power. I've got solar generation. I gather Solar from the sun via a Davis weather station, use a SMA device to get solar generation data, and a TED5000 to gather power statistics on house consumption & Tesla charge demand. This is all done via scripts grabbing the data with HTTP requests.

Last attachment is Tesla S Log Book.pdf is combination of manually recording data from Tesla Charge & Trip displays & combining it with TED5000 power data. Tesla shows you its figures on Battery to Wheel efficiency, but with real power data you can see Panel to Battery & Panel to Wheel efficiency. This is still somewhat manual as I haven't found all of the data in the Tesla API. [And yes, you'll note I had some issues with the car, but I knew I was going to be a beta tester -- Tesla has done a great job on service by timely responding to all issues. I still love the car and my brother bought one on my recommendation]

As for range, I count on 200 miles from a normal charge with normal freeway speeds of 70ish, AC or Heating as you desire. I've gone 225, but had do go lower speed to do that and it's no fun driving below 60.
          The EPA rating of 265 is based on 55mph, flat land, ...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RBergquist; July 2, 2013, 01:52 AM. Reason: Added a picture of the Tesla S charging near Lake Tahoe

Comment

Tesla

That's awesome! I get better mileage because i'm doing suburban driving, no highway. Could you share your script?

Comment

Shweet !

Man I'd love to have one of these. My concern is living out in the boonies hours away from a major city. Baton Rouge is over 100 miles away and New Orleans is over 200 miles. What would I do for service?

Comment

WOW what a pricetag on that thing..sweet though..

i drive a crew cab on 35's 60 miles each way to work then local kids sports.. i went through 8.5 gallons yesterday.. 6.3 just to-fro work
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                  i drive a crew cab on 35's 60 miles each way to work then local kids sports.. i went through 8.5 gallons yesterday.. 6.3 just to-fro work

Comment

Send one to my house and I'll happily write you a plugin.
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

$3.15 a gallon... yes gallon not litre over there!!!!

here is a pic.. http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/9...618_185611.jpg

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                      Send one to my house and I'll happily write you a plugin.
                      i could see it now.. the easter eggs in it!!!! send a reboot... oops!!!!
                      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                        Shweet !

Man I'd love to have one of these. My concern is living out in the boonies hours away from a major city. Baton Rouge is over 100 miles away and New Orleans is over 200 miles. What would I do for service?
                        There are service centers throughout the country but I'm not sure about LA. They also have a "ranger service" in which the service reps come out to you and fix the things they can without bringing it in. Tesla recommends servicing once/yr so it isn't that often. No oil changes at least!

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                          Could you share your script?

Attached is a zip with the script, Excel spreadsheet, and sample generated .csv files. See readme.txt for some notes on setting it up

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                          Shweet !

I live 175 miles from the nearest Service Center. When I had an early fatal failure, they picked it up and brought it to the Service Center & returned it to my house when it was fixed. I use their Anywhere [or some other marketing name] service option.

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice car!

Yup here now it costs a bit under a $100 to fill up with gas in my area around $4 plus these days.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Tesla

Originally posted by RBergquist View Post
                              Attached is a zip with the script, Excel spreadsheet, and sample generated .csv files. See readme.txt for some notes on setting it up

I live 175 miles from the nearest Service Center. When I had an early fatal failure, they picked it up and brought it to the Service Center & returned it to my house when it was fixed. I use their Anywhere [or some other marketing name] service option.

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to integrating my car with my system.

Comment

Working...
                              X