Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UJ - Firstly any update on the IR Control tab in Firefox?

Secondly - When I quit HS3 UltraGCIR3 (and UltraNetCam3) crash with a dialog that says "HSPI_UltraGCIR3 has stopped working"
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Hello beerygaz. No updates on the IR control tabs yet. I had planned on re-witting the routines using jquery, but have not had time yet.

I am not sure why the plug-ins are crashing on shutdown. I have never seen this before. When did it start? What version of HS are you using? What operating system are you using?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

UJ, it started around 3.0.0.42 - but I can't be 100% sure. I'm running 3.0.0.54 now, Windows Server 2008 R2 OS.
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          I am not sure why the plug-ins are crashing on shutdown. I have never seen this before. When did it start? What version of HS are you using? What operating system are you using?

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          I can report the crash on the shut down of HS3 is happening here too. I only enable the plug-in for short periods of time, then disable it and other plug-ins before handing back control to HS2. When I shutdown HS3, I get the Windows dialog that it has crashed. Running Win7 and on version 0.54.

I can try enabling, then shutting down to see if the crash happens all the time or just after it has been disabled if that would help.

Barry
          Edit: OK tried a couple of variations and got the message when the plug-in was enabled and shut HS3 down. However, that only occurred once in three tests. I also got a clean shutdown with the plug-in disabled just now. If you would like for me to try anything, let me know.
          Last edited by lhfarm; December 18, 2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I am getting frequent occurrences of the following warning in my error log:

Jan-08 11:39:46 AM Warning In ZipFile, exception opening C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3 : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3' because it is being used by another process.
            Jan-08 11:32:13 AM Warning In ZipFile, exception opening C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3 : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3' because it is being used by another process.

I don't have a recurring event setup for UltraGCIR3. The only rule I have right now is that it triggers the PIP on my TV when the doorbell rings to display our front door camera, and show us a picture of who is standing there. These warnings do not correspond to when the event is triggered.

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
              I am getting frequent occurrences of the following warning in my error log:

Jan-08 11:39:46 AM Warning In ZipFile, exception opening C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3 : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3' because it is being used by another process.
              Jan-08 11:32:13 AM Warning In ZipFile, exception opening C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3 : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\ultragcir3\ultragcir3.db3' because it is being used by another process.

I don't have a recurring event setup for UltraGCIR3. The only rule I have right now is that it triggers the PIP on my TV when the doorbell rings to display our front door camera, and show us a picture of who is standing there. These warnings do not correspond to when the event is triggered.
              This error isn't something from my plug-in. Do you have some type of backup job running that is trying to access ultragcir3.db3?

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                I can report the crash on the shut down of HS3 is happening here too. I only enable the plug-in for short periods of time, then disable it and other plug-ins before handing back control to HS2. When I shutdown HS3, I get the Windows dialog that it has crashed. Running Win7 and on version 0.54.

I can try enabling, then shutting down to see if the crash happens all the time or just after it has been disabled if that would help.

Barry
                Edit: OK tried a couple of variations and got the message when the plug-in was enabled and shut HS3 down. However, that only occurred once in three tests. I also got a clean shutdown with the plug-in disabled just now. If you would like for me to try anything, let me know.
                This is a confirmed issue on systems running Windows 7. It has something to do with the .Net Framework. It does not happen on Windows 8. I am still looking into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  This error isn't something from my plug-in. Do you have some type of backup job running that is trying to access ultragcir3.db3?

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  That was it UltraJones. I am moving over to HS3, and recreating all of my events, so I am doing frequent 'Backup Config' under the Tools/Setup menu. Every time I run that, the warning appears.

Comment

Last edited by FredrikKan; January 29, 2014, 11:48 AM. Reason: Update on sw versions

Comment

Ping

"Is there anybody out there...?"

Comment

this is what I get.. is the port avail > ( 4998) ?
                        what o/s are you running
                        Attached Files
                        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Hello Fredrik. The error is occurring within a section of the code provided by HomeSeer. Are you able to get the sample plug-in installed and working on Microsoft Windows HomeSeer 2011?

Comment

Hi UJ!
                            I'm not sure what you mean with sample plugin...? I do have other plugins working (almost) ok. There are quite a lot of small problems/bugs but nothing compared to the startup problem with UltraGCIR3.

Windows home Server 2011 is a variant of MS 2008 Server and use the same codebase. I have used it for HS2 for the last 2-3 years with no problems. Before that I used the original Windows Home Server (based on MS 2003 Server).
                            All that is fine and have not been an issue with Homeseer. From what I have read it is supported.

I've included the other plugins currently installed in my system.

Regards,
                            Fredrik.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Tried HS3 forum with no success

Ultra,
                              according to Rupp you should get in contact with them regarding this problem. I would really lika you to do that!

And maybe give me some feedback....

Comment

I sent Rich a note and asked him to look at the issue you posted at http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=39

Regards,
                                Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                                X