Z-Wave replacement for X10 PR511 Motion Floodlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave replacement for X10 PR511 Motion Floodlights

Years ago I bought 4 or 6 PR511 X10 motion floods but never got around to installing them (still new in box, maybe I'll post them for sale). They are pretty neat in how they work.

Some feature are obvious/standard of all motions detectors / lights:
    - They respond to motion by turning on their attached light and sending their house/unit code to the network
    - Respond to light level with codes to network
    - Only activates lights below a set light level

The feature that set them apart is the ability for a manual "on" command to override the motion and light level control of the light. So, if I send the light an on command, it stays on until I send it an off command, regardless of the motion outside.

Is there an all-in-on Zwave device that does this without having to depend on a controller or HS to handle the little bit of required logic?

Right now, the only way I can envision doing this purely in Zwave is to:
    - install floods in a standard fixture connected either to a zwave switch or a hard-wired fixture module using a controller to handle manual operation.
    - use an outdoor rated zwave motion detector mounted near the flood and associated with the switch and/or fixture module.

Here's the problem. How do zwave motions work? Do they send an off/no-motion command after x time of no motion or do they only send only the initial on/motion-detected command? Without involving HomeSeer, how would I keep the motion detector from turning off a light I manually turned on? The other problem is price, but that's always a problem when comparing Zwave and X10.

I'm trying to remain as Zwave-pure as possible in my new setup after moving to HS3. I've not yet connected my Ocelot which was handling wired X10 and my W800 which was handling wireless X10. I'd like to avoid using both and rely on zwave from here out if I can.
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Perhaps I missed it. Did you ever post (sell) the PR511s?

I have one that I can't rely on and would like to replace in addition to perhaps having a spare on hand.
    They're about the only X10 device I still use.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I still have them, new in box. It will probably be later in the week before I can figure out how many I have. I'd prefer to sell them all at once, but the price will not be too steep.
      John
      Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
      Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
      HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
      Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I'm sure you won't have a problem selling all of them but I really only need two. If you would do that for me, I'd really appreciate it.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Zwave Floodlights

I'm in the same boat. The only X10 I have left is my floodlights. Does anyone make a Zwave replacement or have a Zwave work around?

Thanks,

Rick

Comment

still have PR511s ?

If you still have any PR511s you want to unload, please let me know.

Comment

Same Boat..Zwave no comparable to the pr511

I'm in the same boat here, I am in the middle of the upgrade to HS3 now and pondered the same, Problem is the X10 is very,very reliable in my HS2 system.
              I have 2 of these X10's and I LOVE how they work. albeit one did start sending on a different house code(Q) a while back and wouldn't respond to the ON_OFF commands anymore. I had a spare, I was able to get back from a buddy who never installed it.
              I have a few Zwave multi sensor motions I'm trying to figure out events for, Polling is not working, it ques the request but that it.
              Need to read up on configuring sensor params.
              My eagle eyes, you set the address and GO..
              X10 imo is the easiest to use.

I was able to install a automatic motion light and a smart switch , by turning it on& off twice I'm able to Keep it (spot light ON)on or let the built-in motion control it.(shut off for 2 mins/ then ON.. after about 30 seconds it turns off by no motion built it.) (they where zenith fixture).
              YMMV

Comment

Now you're making me wonder. I have a Zenith Motion Sensor connected to I1 on a Qubino Flush Relay. Separately, I can turn the floodlights on with HS3 or HSTouch.

I "think" if I would turn the lights on manually and then walked into the path of the sensor the lights would stay on. That was last year, now when I walk into the path of the sensor they shut off. A minute later they come back on because that's what I have the Zenith switch set on.

I swear it wasn't like that; I certainly would have started a discussion. I'm going to exclude the Qubino, totally reset it and try again. Maybe this weekend because it's hidden in the light enclosure and it's still cold.

Comment

Working...
                X