Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by npa View Post
    I have solved the issue with the lights not working via google home. Is the ability to use shortcuts no longer available? I used to be able to say "bedtime" as a shortcut which then would translate to "tell homeseer to run event bedtime", which would then run the event. If not, how does one run events and control zwave thermostats via google home? thanks again!
    There is great news and there's bad news.

Great news: you no longer have to say "tell homeseer". This means you also have to cut those words out of your shortcuts. This calls for a more smooth and natural operation.

Bad news: You cannot run events from Google home natively.

Work around: you can create virtual switches in homeseer and have them trigger an event. You can also still use IFTTT. Just look for the Google home applet and have that trigger an event.

The other thing I've noticed is you have to use the word "light" in your description or nickname in order for Google home to recognize it as a light. I had some issues with this yesterday when I should have had 26 lights but Google was telling me I only had 13. Not until I noticed The Coincidence of the word light did Google start recognizing all 26.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Google Direct Actions are Google's way to do device control and they handle parsing the voice command and then controlling devices. So you can only control devices that support on/off/dim and color. To do anything else, you can create a virtual device in HS and then have an event that triggers on that device changing status, then the action can be to control an event.

Hopefully Google will add more features this in the future.

Ideally we wanted to keep the older basic skill active but Google does not allow that as they feel the direct actions are more user friendly.

Originally posted by npa View Post
      I have solved the issue with the lights not working via google home. Is the ability to use shortcuts no longer available? I used to be able to say "bedtime" as a shortcut which then would translate to "tell homeseer to run event bedtime", which would then run the event. If not, how does one run events and control zwave thermostats via google home? thanks again!
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rich,

Is there any news on the thermostat front? I also see that they have added scenes as well.

-Tom

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        We are going to add thermostats. I use it in my home, I say a command and the lights respond, seems pretty instant to me, or at least good enough.

As for linking, I have a request into Google about this, but the person who can answer is out, so still waiting. I suspect they will fix this soon.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Friends! I need your help

I had Google Home working just fine with Homeseer but now all of the sudden Home confirms a command (OK turning family room off) but nothing happens.

I have tried unlinking Homeseer and relinking it from devices multiple times. I had previously removed all non-essentials from "voice controlled" on homeseer, and I have less than 10 devices.

The wifi network name was recently updated on the router but I've disconnected and reconnected the wifi through the Home preferences and still no luck.

Comment

When you went to the screen where you unlink did it have the word "Update!" next to it. I know I received an email that an update was coming (I'm using Hue emulator now) and that a relink would be required.

I don't know if there was some kind of interface change that was required as part of whatever is going on with this update. Maybe Rich would know more.

I know that some folks on the GH product forum has had some issue. I have been asking them to try to "unlink, do a factory data reset, then link again", in that sequence. Maybe you could give this a try.

Otherwise, we may need a comment from Rich.
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate the suggestion. I saw the update mentioned here earlier but haven't received any such notice on my end. It could be that it's delayed as I reside in Canada but who knows. I will try the factory reset order you mentioned and hope for the best. Thanks again.

Rich, I welcome any other thoughts on the matter

Comment

Make sure you have a valid MyHS account and your login is linked to one system.

Use the Google Home app, select "Home Control" from the hamburger menu, then the "+" button, then select "HomeSeer". A login prompt will appear, use your MyHS login credentials to link your MyHS account with Google. If this succeeds you should see your devices in the list. Only devices that you have enabled for voice control will appear in the list.
                Does this mean a MyHS subscription is required, or just a working login?

Comment

Yes, MyHS is required as that is the service that transfers the data between Google and your HS3 system.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                  Does this mean a MyHS subscription is required, or just a working login?

Comment

Google Home doesn't work anymore..

I am not sure if there was a change in Google's side or Homeseer, but commands have stopped working recently. I tried to unlink my Homeseer account and relink it, but now it says Homeseer account linked, but no devices show up. I had 30+ devices before, why suddenly nothing....

Comment

When I chose homeseer, it ask me the user name and password, then a round circle and tell me you haven't added any devices. What I;m doing wrong, I did disable all voice command except 4 of them and they are lamp control.

Comment

Are they Z-Wave devices? Click on the device in the device management page, then the status/graphics tab. You will see settings for the controls (ON/OFF etc.) Make sure the on/off/dim controls have the "ControlUse"property set. If the devices are Z-Wave, they should. If they were created by some other app, they many not. The properties have to be there, otherwise Alexa and Google will now know how to control the devices.

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
                        When I chose homeseer, it ask me the user name and password, then a round circle and tell me you haven't added any devices. What I;m doing wrong, I did disable all voice command except 4 of them and they are lamp control.

Comment

Here my screen, maybe this will help.

Current Date/Time: 10/2/2017 5:20:15 PM
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
                          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                          System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 28 Minutes 18 Seconds
                          IP Address: 10.242.241.131
                          Number of Devices: 531
                          Number of Events: 181
                          Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.47.0: BLBackup
                          2.0.58.0: BLDSC
                          2.0.72.0: BLLock
                          3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
                          3.0.0.97: LutronCaseta
                          3.0.0.91: LutronRA2
                          1.1.17244.94: MyQ
                          3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
                          Attached Files

Comment

Rich,

It work with Alexa, is this issue can be because i'm in Canada? Is anyone in Canada have Google Home work with HS3?

Comment

I do not know, maybe someone in CA will chime in.

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
                              Rich,

It work with Alexa, is this issue can be because i'm in Canada? Is anyone in Canada have Google Home work with HS3?

Comment

I do not know, maybe someone in CA will chime in.
                                I live in Canada, and Google Home works. There is multiple bugs though, I am not sure if with the Google Home Homeseer Interface or with Homeseer.

1. Some devices if Voice Control are checked in Homeseer will result in Google Home not seeing any device. Need to mass unselect all devices (voice activation), then activate one at a time until you find which one screws up Google home.

2. Google Home doesn't properly detect/classify ON/Off light switches in homeseer, and they are classified as plugs. Thus when you issue a command such as Google shut off all lights, it only shuts off dimmable lights, and not on/off light switches.

Comment

Working...
                                X