Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Yep, I noticed an issue with the build, if you download it again it should install ok now.
    404 - dunno what you've done but the memory creep stopped and my hs3 cpu ihas literally dropped to single digits.

Is there any reason why this is? Maybe the compaction is way too aggressive being too often and not completing before the next pass, not releasing memory, or blocking?

Comment

I'm running 402 which I believe still has compaction enabled but I also see a reduction in overall CPU. It used to run in the 4-5% range on .398 and now it averages in the 2-3% range.

On a side note I always remove my local IP address from the about information displayed below. Am I being paranoid?

Current Date/Time: 1/19/2018 5:24:24 PM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.402
      Linux version: Linux HS3 4.4.0-109-generic #132-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 9 19:52:39 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 18 Hours 22 Minutes 22 Seconds
      Number of Devices: 368
      Number of Events: 90
      Available Threads: 799
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 1
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0
      Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.38.0: BLLAN
      3.0.0.56: DSC Security
      3.0.1.10: Kodi
      1.2.0.0: Monoprice Amp
      3.0.6510.21140: Ultra1Wire3
      3.0.0.79: weatherXML
      3.0.0.36: X10
      0.0.0.6: YAMAHA-RECEIVER
      3.0.1.173: Z-Wave
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
        On a side note I always remove my local IP address from the about information displayed below. Am I being paranoid?
        Internal IP addresses (in my opinion) if NAT'ing are pretty safe, as if a hacker breaches your firewall to make it useful, you've got bigger problems If it's a routable IPv4 or IPv6 address, I wouldn't post it publically either.

Comment

Rich this is something new...on .404

Jan-19 8:07:29 PM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 6: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm) Jan-19 8:07:28 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Jon00Plugin.vben Jan-19 8:07:28 PM Event Event Trigger "Audio blue-iris Sonos TEST jonsplugin script" Jan-19 8:07:28 PM Event Event Trigger "Audio blue-iris Sonos TEST tx-nr545 disconnect" Jan-19 8:07:27 PM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 6: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm) Jan-19 8:07:27 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Jon00Plugin.vben Jan-19 8:07:27 PM Event Event Trigger "Audio blue-iris Sonos TEST jonsplugin script" Jan-19 8:07:27 PM Event Event Trigger "Audio blue-iris Sonos TEST tx-nr545 disconnect" Jan-19 8:07:24 PM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 6: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
            Internal IP addresses (in my opinion) if NAT'ing are pretty safe, as if a hacker breaches your firewall to make it useful, you've got bigger problems If it's a routable IPv4 or IPv6 address, I wouldn't post it publically either.
            That then begs the question of what possible use could it be for trouble shooting purposes?
            (other than 169.xxx.xxx.xxx means no Internet)
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

gWebSvrPort error at startup .404

I updated to .404 this evening and the upgrade went ok. I remembered to recopy my SSL cert over the install cert (@Rich, please change this for windows like you did linux).

I have my firewall set so if an exe changes and tries to connect to an outside IP, I have to approve first. This kicked in for HS3.exe when it started and I checked the IP it was calling to and approved, so it loaded.

I'm down to one lingering issue at startup. I continue to get:

1/19/2018 7:11:14 PM ~!~Warning~!~Error starting web server, port in use? Are you running a web server on the designated port? Edit settings.ini in the Config folder and change gWebSvrPort=## to a different port #. An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissionsStartup Complete, 2 errors detected, check the log for more information.

at startup. Need to know what this is... is it because I am using SSL? I tried to change the port of the non-ssl to 8080 in case something else was trying to grab port 80 but I still received the error at startup so I set it back to 80 and restarted agian. I may go back to a non 80 port since I do not use non-SSL and cannot turn it off so using a non standard port might deter any possible breach.

Michael
              HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
              Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
              BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                just a quick FYI.... before I forget as it happened as we were going to bed last night.

One of my Imperihome tablets stopped connecting last night completely. This has happened a few times recently, and I thought it might be due to an IH upgrade (i'm on that beta as well).

Checked HS3 (running 398 still), and noticed that while CPU usage was fine, memory (looking via taskmag on Win10) was near 400MB. Tried to shut down HS3, and just froze on shutdown box. had to shut it down manually via taskman.

When I tried to restart it, I got this message... it wouldn't load any further.
                1/18/2018 10:09:23 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to start plug-in API: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

went through this multiple times, including forced shutdown... all same error. The only thing that got it back was a full reboot of my system,. then all booted up perfectly.
                Bump. Anyone tell me what this means?

Comment

Just updated to .404 on the Raspberry Pi3. All went well and nothing out of the ordinary to report. Running Raspbian Stretch Lite.

Comment

+ 1 for upgrade to 404
                    Also applied all system patches, note: Mono version 5.4.1.7 was installed

Current Date/Time: 1/20/2018 7:32:47 PM
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.404
                    Linux version: Linux KFN05 4.10.0-42-generic #46~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 4 15:57:59 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 3 Hours 41 Minutes 14 Seconds
                    IP Address: 192.168.2.126
                    Number of Devices: 586
                    Number of Events: 170
                    Available Threads: 799
                    HSTouch Enabled: False
                    Event Threads: 0
                    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                    Device Exec Queue: 0
                    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                    Email Send Queue: 0
                    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    3.0.0.19: Autelis
                    2.0.70.0: BLStat
                    3.0.0.43: EasyTrigger
                    3.0.0.29: EnvisaLinkAdemco
                    3.0.0.25: ImperiHome
                    3.0.0.30: Nest
                    0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
                    3.0.5.6: SDJ-Health
                    3.0.6551.15210: UltraECM3
                    3.0.6542.35207: UltraWeatherWU3
                    3.0.1.173: Z-Wave

PCK (Pete)

Comment

Comment

This means that some processes where already running. Normally you see this if you start a plugin but its already running, or you start HS and HS is already running. You might try restarting the hardware ensure that HS is not running already.

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                        Bump. Anyone tell me what this means?
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It would help if you can run the task manager and see which process was at 100%, was it the HS3.EXE process or a particular plugin?

Comment

The error simply means that some other process is already listening on the port. I think only the non-ssl server will give this error so might change that port to a different one. You can edit the settings.ini file to manually change it. Just look for the existing port number for the setting.

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                            I updated to .404 this evening and the upgrade went ok. I remembered to recopy my SSL cert over the install cert (@Rich, please change this for windows like you did linux).

I have my firewall set so if an exe changes and tries to connect to an outside IP, I have to approve first. This kicked in for HS3.exe when it started and I checked the IP it was calling to and approved, so it loaded.

I'm down to one lingering issue at startup. I continue to get:

1/19/2018 7:11:14 PM ~!~Warning~!~Error starting web server, port in use? Are you running a web server on the designated port? Edit settings.ini in the Config folder and change gWebSvrPort=## to a different port #. An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissionsStartup Complete, 2 errors detected, check the log for more information.

at startup. Need to know what this is... is it because I am using SSL? I tried to change the port of the non-ssl to 8080 in case something else was trying to grab port 80 but I still received the error at startup so I set it back to 80 and restarted agian. I may go back to a non 80 port since I do not use non-SSL and cannot turn it off so using a non standard port might deter any possible breach.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              It would help if you can run the task manager and see which process was at 100%, was it the HS3.EXE process or a particular plugin?

Comment

Updated HS3 Pro / Zee2 HS3 yesterday 20th of January 2018 to test build V.404 from Beta V.398.

No issues to report here after around 24 hours.

Note I did not have any issues with HS3 Beta V.398.

OS for the two is Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit and latest release of Mono 5.4X (64 bit).
                                Last edited by Pete; January 21, 2018, 01:58 PM.
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X