No announcement yet.

Nest devices not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still having the issue - this morning I raised the setpoint and homeseer did not update but it did go up on the nest app. I then turned the fan on and again homeseer did not show it but the fan did turn on.

I then went out for about 30 minutes and upon my return everything was updating fine.

I have attached the log file for the events this morning in case this is helpful?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
      I am still having the issue - this morning I raised the setpoint and homeseer did not update but it did go up on the nest app. I then turned the fan on and again homeseer did not show it but the fan did turn on.

I then went out for about 30 minutes and upon my return everything was updating fine.

I have attached the log file for the events this morning in case this is helpful?
      I cannot open this zip, can you re-zip or attach the txt file directly. Thanks.

Comment

I cannot attach the txt file as it gets too big very quickly and I am not sure exactly how to isolate the time period that was an issue. I re-zipped and double checked the file attached so it should be ok.

Last time I had the issue was around 7:00AM yesterday 3/24 in the log. Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Bump on this one. Happened again this morning. Homeseer not updating for either of my Nest thermostats. Turned on debug level in the log and hit the increase target temp high a couple of times and got this in the log. Ambient temp is showing 67.

Code:
          Apr-05 06:27:28 DEBUG data: null
          Apr-05 06:27:32 DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/gi6tL1If6GgDSRKTlE8uiQ_VumSUMP-v payload={"target_temperature_f":68}
          Apr-05 06:27:35 DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/gi6tL1If6GgDSRKTlE8uiQ_VumSUMP-v payload={"target_temperature_f":68}
          Apr-05 06:27:35 DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/gi6tL1If6GgDSRKTlE8uiQ_VumSUMP-v payload={"target_temperature_f":68}
          Apr-05 06:27:36 DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/gi6tL1If6GgDSRKTlE8uiQ_VumSUMP-v payload={"target_temperature_f":68}
          Apr-05 06:27:37 DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/gi6tL1If6GgDSRKTlE8uiQ_VumSUMP-v payload={"target_temperature_f":68}
          Apr-05 06:27:38 DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/gi6tL1If6GgDSRKTlE8uiQ_VumSUMP-v payload={"target_temperature_f":68}
          Apr-05 06:27:58 DEBUG event: keep-alive
          Apr-05 06:27:58 DEBUG data: null
          Nothing is happening on the thermostats and clearly something is not working here as each time I hit the increase it is showing 68 when it should have raised the temperature by 6 degrees in total.

Restarting homeseer does nothing. Based on previous experience this will just resolve itself at some point and start working again.

Updated to include the last 6 hours of my log. After restarting homeseer a second time I see an error in the log about it being blocked. You can see from the log file that I (don't think) have issued anywhere near enough commands to block it. Something else is going on? Thanks.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by simonmason; April 5, 2018, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X