Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer doesn't know what to do with GE ZW4101 appliance module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer doesn't know what to do with GE ZW4101 appliance module?

I just installed HS3-Pi-3 and I'm using an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen 5. HomeSeer imported all the devices from the stick, but it doesn't seem to know what the plug-in appliance modules are capable of. The light switches all got on-off controls, but this GE ZW4101 was just listed as "Sigma Switch Binary" with no controls. The connectivity test works fine, HomeSeer just seems not to know the device's capabilities.

I added status values 0 and 255 to the device to get on/off controls, but that doesn't do anything.

What should I be doing to get this working?

Did you rescan the device? How many children did it make for this device?

Comment

Originally posted by dalohom View Post
      I just installed HS3-Pi-3 and I'm using an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen 5. HomeSeer imported all the devices from the stick, but it doesn't seem to know what the plug-in appliance modules are capable of. The light switches all got on-off controls, but this GE ZW4101 was just listed as "Sigma Switch Binary" with no controls. The connectivity test works fine, HomeSeer just seems not to know the device's capabilities.

I added status values 0 and 255 to the device to get on/off controls, but that doesn't do anything.

What should I be doing to get this working?
      This appliance module is quite stubborn sometimes. Try exclude and include again but within a foot of the stick. Put it on an extension cord. Hold it close until the include is done. You should get a single device with the on/off.

Comment

I had not rescanned. Seems to be ok now, and the rescan fixed some other problems.

Comment

Working...
        X