No announcement yet.

Coming Soon: Life360 Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the HS log is the "All Devices Updated" still supposed to have an entry every minute or not?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      In the HS log is the "All Devices Updated" still supposed to have an entry every minute or not?
      Yes. It logs 1 entry per update interval. If you change your update interval to 5 minutes you will then get 1 log entry every 5 minutes.

I left the 1 entry just to know things were still alive/working. If the 1 log entry is still too much I can move it to debug as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
        Yes. It logs 1 entry per update interval. If you change your update interval to 5 minutes you will then get 1 log entry every 5 minutes.

I left the 1 entry just to know things were still alive/working. If the 1 log entry is still too much I can move it to debug as well.
        It is fine I was just wondering if it was supposed to be doing that still. As long as it doesn't interfere with another event trying to run at that same time. It would be very rare but might be possible.

Comment

It is fine I was just wondering if it was supposed to be doing that still. As long as it doesn't interfere with another event trying to run at that same time. It would be very rare but might be possible.
          I would find it very hard to see a log call from a separate thread interfering with a HS3 event call. I suppose it is possible but that would mean there's some major issues with the HS3 plugin api.

However once this is out of initial dev/test stages I may move all but initialize logging into debug. Nobody needs useless log messages.

Comment

I would find it very hard to see a log call from a separate thread interfering with a HS3 event call. I suppose it is possible but that would mean there's some major issues with the HS3 plugin api.

However once this is out of initial dev/test stages I may move all but initialize logging into debug. Nobody needs useless log messages.
            I agree it would be very rare if it ever happened. I wasn't sure if they could be related or not. I don't know much about it. Otherwise it is working great.

Comment

I agree it would be very rare if it ever happened. I wasn't sure if they could be related or not. I don't know much about it. Otherwise it is working great.
              Once I'm a little more sure about things working then I'm going to move all of the logging to debug except the initialize messages on startup.

Comment

Once I'm a little more sure about things working then I'm going to move all of the logging to debug except the initialize messages on startup.
                That sounds great. By the way I sent another message through the app to Zsane. I asked about the 15 min interval time for detecting changes and if it is being looked at or not. Also I asked him if the zone sizes could be a little more adjustable or have more choices to choose from. I will report when I hear, if I hear.

Comment

That sounds great. By the way I sent another message through the app to Zsane. I asked about the 15 min interval time for detecting changes and if it is being looked at or not. Also I asked him if the zone sizes could be a little more adjustable or have more choices to choose from. I will report when I hear, if I hear.
                  Be good to hear what comes back from them.

The zones used to be a lot more options in their sizes. Some of the changes they have made are not for the better, but I think they restricted the zone sizes due to the problems with accuracy and update times they have on their end.

Comment

Anybody know the minimal time interval for refresh so api does not block me? currently left it at the default 1 minute until reassured

Comment

Update: 0.0.2.93

Fixed Plugin not saving configuration properly
                      Fixed Places configuration not being saved and reused on restart
                      Removed unnecessary logging

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...98&postcount=1

Comment

Originally posted by deanrparry View Post
                        Anybody know the minimal time interval for refresh so api does not block me? currently left it at the default 1 minute until reassured
                        Running it more often than 1 minute doesn't provide any benefit with the lag of updates provided by Life360. I have found that the lag from Life360 sometimes equals out to about 5 minutes. It's best to use the web interface or your phone app and watch and adjust as needed based upon the results you get from Life360.

Comment

Something has happened in one of the last updates.

Plugin is disconnecting every minute:
                          Log: Plugin Life360 with instance: has disconnected
                          Log: I/O interface Life360 is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Tried deleting all config files and installing the latest version again (2.93)

But now I can't recreated the devices again, getting following error message:
                          Posting back to plugin web page Life360Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:PostBackProc (string,string,string,int) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <03c63de3f1dc4fe5b4c97ebd223f29dc>:0

I am still on linux

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
                            Something has happened in one of the last updates.

Plugin is disconnecting every minute:
                            Log: Plugin Life360 with instance: has disconnected
                            Log: I/O interface Life360 is down, executable is not running, restarting ...

Tried deleting all config files and installing the latest version again (2.93)

But now I can't recreated the devices again, getting following error message:
                            Posting back to plugin web page Life360Config: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:PostBackProc (string,string,string,int) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <03c63de3f1dc4fe5b4c97ebd223f29dc>:0

I am still on linux
                            Can you provide your Linux info again and Mono version?

When you said you deleted all configuration files did you also delete Config/Life360

Are the permissions set correctly on Config/Life360 for the plugin to write it's files to that directory?

I'm trying to figure out that error is there more in the debug log? Can you enable debug and let it run to see if more info is gathered?

I've been running 0.0.2.93 since release and I haven't had any of those errors on Linux. I'm running Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 Server) with latest Mono from the mono project.

What version of HS3? I'm running .435

Comment

Once I'm a little more sure about things working then I'm going to move all of the logging to debug except the initialize messages on startup 233 4v.
                              X
                              Bvvvywbkzs vv VVS is a fun and. V of n
                              Vt

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
                                X
                                Bvvvywbkzs vv VVS is a fun and. V of n
                                Vt

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
                                I don't even think google can translate that.

Comment

Working...
                                X