All Events just disappeared.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Events just disappeared.

I don't know what happend, but all of my events are gone? How could this have happend. The last backup I have was several months ago. Why would just the events disappear?
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Are you sure your drop down list box just above the event list isn't selecting only a subset?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes I though I was loosing my mind, that I check the dropdown box ten times... I restored the sample.xml file from the backup and I've recovered most of them, but I still don't understand why they would just disappear.

Thanks.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

You should have a sample.xml.bak that is an exact copy of your last known xml file. You also should be backing up every night. Did HS hang and you have to kill it by any chance?

Also I wrote a free VB app that will allow you to set up different backup "sets" and then feed these in to a hs event to run the backup sets each night, day, month what ever you desire. It's called backeRupp. You can download it in the scripts library.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think I did have to kill HS earlier... That must have done it.

I'll check out your script, thanks!
          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Working...
          X