Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Moving to HS3

Hello,

I have been a HS user from almost the start. I can't really remember the HS version before it was HS Tech. I originally migrated from JDS Stargate.

My HS2 system is perfect and does exactly what I want in a very stable fashion.
    I therefore have been waiting to make the move to HS3.

HS3 makes sense for a number of reasons but mostly since HS2 and Z-Troller are no longer fully supported. There are also some very cool new features and Plugins such as IFTTT!

I have started my move on a test system and it is going very smoothly for the most part.
    My biggest concern was moving the Z-wave devices and this was a surprising breeze. I can go back and forth between HS2 and HS3 using the Z-troller with no issues. I want to go to Z-Net with HS3 but will wait until I am ready to commit as I can't take a chance messing up the Z-troller (even though I know that it is doable without risk).

Thanks to HS Tech and all of the Plugin Developers! Almost all of my critical plugins are been re-written and well done!

I will rewrite my events individually. I copied them from HS2 and can be much more efficient in HS3.

My Hiccups and questions before I move to HS3:-

1) HS Touch
    I am not sure how stable HS3 Touch is?
    I run the house from HS Touch, so this will be a show stopper if not 100% stable.
    Is more debugging and development planned and what is the timeline?

2) HS Touch Media API for Squeezebox
    This appears to be broken. PCP has put in the appropriate Bug reports (2728, 2217 and also be aware of 2760).
    Any timelines for a fix?

3) HS Phone
    Not a show stopper, but I use a HS Phone script to answer my doorphone.
    If needed, I could just leave HS Phone on the HS2 box.

4) GPIO - BC4
    I use the BC4 and HS Plugin for a couple of digital I/Os. I also have one IR device that seems to only work with IR commands learned to the BC4.
    I think that there is a Plugin for the BC4 learned IR commands, so if needed I could use that for learned IR.
    (Incidently BC4 is now owned by Leviton)

Any suggestions for GPIO / digitial I/O. I know that there is the ADIO-100. How is that working? It would be nice to have built in relays! Any other suggestions?

DSteiNeuro
    Last edited by DSteiNeuro; July 25, 2015, 02:38 PM.
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

I can't help on 1,3 and 4 but for 2, you do know that HSPhone has been ported to HS3 right?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post

Any suggestions for GPIO / digitial I/O. I know that there is the ADIO-100. How is that working? It would be nice to have built in relays! Any other suggestions?
      Hi David,

The ADIO-100 worked fine for me under HS3, but I only use Arduino's for IO now. The Arduino's ae much cheaper, and more flexible, but require more DIY. There are two HS3 plugins that support Arduinos: enigmatheatre's Arduino Plugin and the MySensors plugin. If you want to do IR from the same device, then the Global Cache units might be a good choice. They are supported by a couple of 3P (third party) plugins and the HST plugin. You can typically find some used GC devices on eBay for relatively cheap.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Working...
        X