Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Freak-Out

Step by Step of what I know: (Facts)

Ok, so I have a Trendnet Wireless Camera in the garage.
    I use IP Cam Viewer to view the Trendnet currently and in the past.
    I can also use the web IP URL to view the camera.

Here is what I tried:

Integrated the Trendnet camera into HST Designer via an image box setup as video on its own screen.
    The camera does show up on the HST screen as video.
    I then deploy the screen and its events to my tablet.
    (The event I run is - when the Garage Door opens or closes the Camera Screen pops up on top of the Garage Door Screen)

This always works perfectly THE FIRST TIME

THEN - AND THIS IS WEIRD

THE Camera locks up and refuses any connection either from the app i run (unrelated to HST) or a direct connection to it via the IP URL - UNTIL I cut the power to the camera. Then it will work again 1 TIME.

I have since deleted the screen and the event and the camera is back to working 100% of the time.

Any ideas or suggestions on what I can check?

Tony

I don't know a lot about this but could the connection be kept alive (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_p...ent_connection) by whatever opens it then not releasing it until you cut the power, then it may only support one concurrent connection which is why you cannot connect anything else to it.

Comment

The old Foscam's would lock up. I looked once via a serial JTAG connection and rapid commands would cause a loop in the OS of the camera until I unplugged it.

Not sure relating to your Trendnet wireless cams. I have a few here that I tested a while ago then just shut them off. I never had issues with them.

Can you test a wired connection to the camera on a workbench to see if it does the same?

Here my wife has some sort of weird affect on wireless stuff. She can walk in front of something wireless and disconnect it.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X