HS-WS100+ forcing on, deactivate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WS100+ forcing on, deactivate

This is on a regular light circuit in a bedroom, using HS-WS100+, but also have the same question for GE switches, other brands, etc:

Using the software/events...
    Is there a way to force the light/switch on, and deactivate this switch so it cannot be turned off?

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
    This is on a regular light circuit in a bedroom, using HS-WS100+, but also have the same question for GE switches, other brands, etc:

Using the software/events...
    Is there a way to force the light/switch on, and deactivate this switch so it cannot be turned off?
    Anwser is no. Those light switches are load controllers, so they directly control the load. If they were a scene controller where the lights didn;t directly wire to them then you could do this.

Or you can still work something out where if turned off it comes right back on. But to make it so it will not turn off at all is not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
      Or you can still work something out where if turned off it comes right back on. But to make it so it will not turn off at all is not possible.
      That may work... create an event, or events, that cause the light to come on at 6a, fade up and stay on until 7a. If it is turned off during this time frame, it waits 30 seconds and comes back on. Random time back on of 10seconds to 2 min, would be even better, not sure this is an option.

I'm new to HomeSeer, so would have to play with this and figure it out.

Then to activate and de-active these events, I could make a virtual device, and name it "Stubborn 10yr old Daughter wake up." hehe.

Comment

Unfortunately I only have HS-WD100+ dimmers controlling my lights, but I imagine the HS-WS100+ would be the same. For those switches, and presumably any other switch that supports instant status updates, you can set an event using the central scene where X-light central scene had its value set to Scene 002 Key Pressed" then set X-light to "On". This will keep your load On.

A quick test shows this keeps my light on anytime I press the bottom paddle. I'm using the dimmer so your millage may vary when using the switch version. I did notice that when I started with the light already dimmed, then hit the bottom paddle the light dimmed slightly first then went to full on
        Last edited by jmaddox; December 12, 2016, 11:47 PM. Reason: updated event testing
        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
        Number of Devices: 1005
        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
          That may work... create an event, or events, that cause the light to come on at 6a, fade up and stay on until 7a. If it is turned off, it waits 30 seconds and comes back on during this time frame. Random time back on of 10seconds to 2 min, would be even better, not sure this is an option.

I'm new to HomeSeer, so would have to play with this and figure it out.

Then to activate and de-active these events, I could make a virtual device, and name it "Stubborn 10yr old Daughter wake up." hehe.
          I do a similar thing but call it "Stubborn visiting father-in-law insists on turning lights off that come on automatically". Was pretty fun to watch the first time I put that in place
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X