Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeotec Smart Switch 6 - parameters solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on the issues with Homeseer and Aeon Labs ZW096 Smart Switch 6?

Comment

Originally posted by lifespeed View Post
      Any update on the issues with Homeseer and Aeon Labs ZW096 Smart Switch 6?
      I am running on a HomeTroller SEL with Z-Wave 3.0.1.124 and the devices (both dimmers and switches) work perfectly as expected. To sum up from the documentation and the above posts:

Mode Parameter Value (Decimal) Value Size
      Energy 81 0 Auto
      Auto off 81 1 Auto
      Night Light 81 2 Auto

For Night Light, you need to remember to turn the Multi-Level on (or Dim to preferred level) AND choose your colors and intensity (for Red, Green, and Blue). I set these through my Night Light event. For Example:

event: Set Table Lamp to Night Light mode
      Manually triggered
      Then Z-Wave Action - set parameter 81 / 2 / auto
      Then Control Device
      Table Lamp - Color Blue - On
      Table Lamp - Green - On
      Table Lamp - Red - Off

Comment

I have one of these as well and they seem to report watts, amps, etc but then they will stop reporting any changes at all. I am using the latest ZWave plugin. What is the proper way to assign the groups for watts, amps, kwh, volts
        I just want to use the energy monitoring feature of it.

Has anyone else seen this?
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I have a couple of the Aeon Smart Switch 6 which I use for monitoring Watts consumed to determine if my TVs are turned on or off. They are configured to send a wattage report every 5 seconds to Group 1 which is HS3. The only time they stop reporting is when the Watts consumed is zero. Here are my root device settings for the Kitchen TV switch and the log that show the watts used reports:

Comment

I cannot see your attachments (maybe it is because I am at work - will check when I get home)

Can you show your zwave tab where u assign to group 1.
            I likely have mine setup wrong
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

They are shown in the embedded attachments, but here are the direct links:

http://imgur.com/t3J8AbS

http://imgur.com/bEL12tC

Comment

What do you guys set as the polling interval? I have it at 2s currently....

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
                  What do you guys set as the polling interval? I have it at 2s currently....
                  If you are actually referring to Z-Wave polling, there is no need to poll the device. Polling every 2s would create a lot of Z-Wave traffic, because it has to report all 5 items every 2 seconds. It is better to set the reporting in settings. You can set 3 reporting intervals and include any of the 4 items (V, W, KWH, P) in each report. The switch portion can be set to send notifications or not. You do not need to poll them.

It depends on what you are doing with the information, but for most items I chose to report watts every minute, volts every 10 minutes and KWH every 6 hours. I don't bother with power. I have a couple of items that I use the watts consumed to trigger other events for entertainment devices (like turning subwoofers on when the receiver is powered) that I report watts every 30 seconds. For my satellite dish heater I only report watts every 5 minutes, since I am only charting the consumption and it is a steady state current when it is on.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

My Polling Interval is 0. i.e. No polling interval. Why do you think you need to set this?
                    You can get a periodic usage report by configuring the "Automatic report rate" parameter.

Comment

In the settings, Volts do not come up as an option to check the box (where you check the box for sending information to devices in group 1 etc). But if I set the polling interval then the volts & amps get updated in my devices list.

Tbh I’m still not entirely sure what the settings for sending information to devices in group one etc. Is that just essentially to set different reporting intervals for the V, W etc?

I only seem to have two options there - Meter (kWh) and Meter (W)

Comment

Following up on this as can't figure out how to see volts or amps. If I enable global polling I get the values for volts/amps in my devices/home list.

As per the attached, I do not see volts/amps in my settings list. Have I missed an obvious setting somewhere?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm at a loss as why you don't see Volts and Amps. I did not have to set any parameter to enable these. They showed up by default when the switch was included. Have you tried excluding the device from HS and including it again? Maybe something went wrong in the inclusion process.
                          Also, I am at HS3 3.0.0.368 with Z-Wave Plugin version 3.0.1.144. Are you on recent versions of HS3 and Z-Wave. Not sure you need to be at these versions for compatibility of the Aeon switch - but another troubleshooting step to consider.

Comment

I only installed Z-Wave yesterday so it's pretty recent, 3.0.1.130. HS itself is 3.0.0.368.

Comment

i have the same problem , i resolved it by setting the polling for volt, Kwh and amperes

urrent Date/Time: 15/11/2017 21:01:39
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.372
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Famille - Work Station
                              System Uptime: 0 Days 23 Hours 50 Minutes 19 Seconds
                              IP Address: 192.168.50.53
                              Number of Devices: 401
                              Number of Events: 142
                              Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              2.0.35.0: BLLAN
                              1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
                              2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT
                              4.8.6.0: BULLET
                              0.0.0.27: drhsIpPlugIn
                              3.0.0.64: mcsXap
                              3.0.0.14: NetCAM
                              3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                              30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                              5.0.2.0: SCREPOSITORY
                              4.0.0.4: THERMOSTAT
                              3.0.0.44: X10
                              3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Jean-Francois
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply..... I'll just poll it then

Comment

Working...
                                X