MIMOlite Not Responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
    Maybe your power pack is tripping out. If you have a Volt/Ohm meter check the voltage at the MIMO when it quits working. It is a guess but I would think that if the MIMO communicates initially, it should continue.

Bob
    This is very possible. My MIMOlite in the garage would do this same thing every so often - it would refuse to talk at all until I power cycled it. Would go along for days or weeks, and then do the same all over again.

I was powering it with some el cheapo wall wart. Went out and got an Altronix regulated board, and I haven't reset it since. It's been up for almost a year now with zero issues.

Comment

I found the problem. This is really embarrassing...The power source for the Mimolite was being turned off with the lights (unknown by me) when I left the room and a motion sensor in the room changed to no-motion...and turned back on with the lights(again..unknown by me) when I walked into the room and the sensor changed to Motion. I assumed that the Mimolite was getting power because saw the green LED whenever I walked into the room....Duh

I took the power supply for granted and was focusing on the Mimolite-HS3 interactions...Lesson learned...Always go back to basics when troubleshooting...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Bob_Linux_User !!

Comment

Working...
      X