X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    Rich,

That's great news! Please keep us informed on the possible Fan switch also. I'm in desperate need of a fan switch for a room remodel and not sure where to get a GE for now or hold out a bit longer.
    +1, also in need of a 2-in-1 light/fan switch for a 1-gang box.

Comment

Challenges with NANO related to Switch numbers and wattage

After waiting for months to get an Aeotec NANO dimmer, I had to return it because, per their tech support, it cannot function with circuits that have (in my case) five switches or are more than 30 feet apart. I still think it is a quality product but, I hope they provide more data so that other can make informed decisions.

My issue, I have five (5) switches controlling the lights on our back deck. Based on my research this is a 3-way, three 4-ways, and a 3-way. Now that I know that the NANO will not work, I am looking for a cost effective way to automate (on/off) control of this circuit. I hope others have solved this and look forward to reading responses.

Thank you.

Comment

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE create a product which can be used in bedside lamps. None of the ZWave lights out there have buttons on them so the only way to control them is via the software or wall switch. But, when lying in bed it is sometimes nice to just reach up and turn the light off. I'm OK not being able to use the switch on the table lamp itself and having to use the button on the light... but having that level of local control is really needed.

There are things like this which exist but they often add too much height and the light no longer fits.

Comment

[QUOTE=ramshaklez;1310351]PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE create a product which can be used in bedside lamps. None of the ZWave lights out there have buttons on them so the only way to control them is via the software or wall switch.

Have you tried a minimote?
          Or
          Alexa dot?
          Or
          Harmony Remote?

Your problem exists for not only table lamps but overhead ceiling lights also. No room has any light seitches within bed reach.

Comment

HS-WD-100+ And Symmetric Forward Phase Control

I'm still confused whether the HS-WD-100+ supports my MLV lighting. I understand that it uses forward phase control, which is great, but is it also symmetric? See the following URL for the difference between forward phase control and symmetric forward phase control: http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Educatio...ingBasics.aspx

Thanks!

D.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
              The almond color kits are here now!

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...12#post1297712
              Do you think the black color change kits are coming?

Comment

We don't have many requests for these and we have to make at least 3000 of them. If you are interested in paying a premium for a bunch to make it worth our while, give us a call and we can see what we can do.

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                Do you think the black color change kits are coming?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by ramshaklez View Post
                  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE create a product which can be used in bedside lamps. None of the ZWave lights out there have buttons on them so the only way to control them is via the software or wall switch. But, when lying in bed it is sometimes nice to just reach up and turn the light off. I'm OK not being able to use the switch on the table lamp itself and having to use the button on the light... but having that level of local control is really needed.

There are things like this which exist but they often add too much height and the light no longer fits.

funny how the x10 lamp modules.. turn off with an event.. and turn desk lamp switch off then back on and it turns on.. wish more companies would integrate that...

and alexa, google, etc will not work.. I can see it now...

alexa.... turn bedside lamp on...
                  wife... WTH!!!!! why did you wake me!!!!!

just sayin
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by ramshaklez View Post
                    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE create a product which can be used in bedside lamps. [/IMG]
                    I think this is what you want: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-america/posts

However, it didn't get enough backers for the US version so that was never made.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

we are diy people.. would it be a bad idea to suggest taking a lamp module apart, your lamp apart and put them together? I know my interco lamp modules have the button on top. you then would have a brick on the desk... but it is there to hit...

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Are these switches meant to be only usable in one gang applications? I just received a few to upgrade some existing dimmers and the metal flanges sticking out on either side make it impossible to mount two dimmers next to each other. The flanges overlap and they don't allow the dimmers to get close enough together to put on the face plate.

Am I supposed to break off the tabs on either side? I am hesitant to use brute force.

Comment

I think the tabs can be broken off. Decreases the max rating of the switch though.
                          Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                            I think the tabs can be broken off. Decreases the max rating of the switch though.
                            Breaking the heat sinks off lowers the rating of the HS-WD100+ but won't affect the WS or WA.

Comment

So after some research and experimentation it looks like, yeah, you can and are supposed to break off the extra tabs on the side of switches like these when mounting them in multi gang boxes. Using a pair of vice grips and bending the little extra tabs back and forth along the score a few times snaps them right off. No excessive force needed.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                                sorry... no plans for that at this point.
                                its been some time.. and I'm throwing this back out there again...

FWIW - I am not the only one... look in the .f/s section - someone is selling all their GE switches to go toggle.. and ive seen a few others that require toggle...

now it isn't a big deal to me. I would love the double tap feature, etc of HST switches - BUT.. I'm totally satisfied with Zooz switches... ableit missing some features Id like.

ive got 20-30 switches to still replace.. get all my x10 2 way togglelincs out and some intermatic zwave switches and even some ge older zwave (non zwave+) replaced....

so just chiming in...

Comment

Working...
                                X