MonoPrice Sensors don't report battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MonoPrice Sensors don't report battery

I went low budget and bought two Monoprice detectors; a garage door sensor and a multisensor.
    Both seem to work fine except that neither report the battery level.
    I've removed and re-included them, rescanned them while awake etc. but can't get the battery % from either.
    The battery device is created when they're included, just no data.
    Wondering if it's something to do with the command class battery but I don't know enough about that.
    Any ideas?

Current Date/Time: 11/3/2017 10:54:26 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 2 Days 16 Hours 5 Minutes 31 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.103
    Number of Devices: 120
    Number of Events: 60
    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
    1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
    2.0.66.0: BLStat
    0.0.0.34: Pushover 3P
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Below is the Node Information for the MultiSensor;

23 Full Name: Node 23 Z-Wave Vision Sec Notification Sensor Polling: Polling Disabled
    Manufacturer:
    Vision Security Type:
    0x2021 ID:
    0x2101 Listens:
    No Version: 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6) Firmware: 5.1 Hardware: 1 Neighbor Count:
    14 Speed:
    100Kbps
    Neighbors: 1, 2, 11, 28, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41, 43, 44, 47
    Last Working Route: 39 (9.6K) Set Route:
    Uses Interface: Z-Net Interface (1) Basic Type: ROUTING SLAVE, Generic Type: SENSOR NOTIFICATION, Specific Type: NOTIFICATION SENSOR
    Command Classes:
    Supported: Zwaveplus Info, Version, Manufacturer Specific, Device Reset Locally, Association, Association Grp Info, Powerlevel, Battery(V 1), Notification(V 4), Sensor Multilevel(V 7), Configuration, Wake Up, Firmware Update Md, Security
    Supported Secure: Version, Manufacturer Specific, Device Reset Locally, Association, Association Grp Info, Powerlevel, Battery(Ver 1), Notification(Ver 4), Sensor Multilevel(Ver 7), Configuration, Wake Up, Firmware Update Md
    Child Device: Battery CC: Battery Polling: Polling Interval: 12h, 0m, 0s
    Child Device: Home Security CC: Notification Ver: 4 Polling: Polling Disabled
    Child Device: Temperature CC: Sensor Multilevel Ver: 7 Polling: Polling Disabled
    Child Device: Luminance CC: Sensor Multilevel Ver: 7 Polling: Polling Disabled
    Child Device: Relative Humidity CC: Sensor Multilevel Ver: 7 Polling: Polling Disabled

Same here - two Shock Detectors - P/N 15269. They report vibration but nothing on the batteries except when I first add them.

I am also having the same problem with a Zooz water sensor, and apparently others are having the same issues with other Zooz sensors:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...14#post1331614

I see a beta version of the zwave out there at .152 but I would like some guidance as to whether I should update and if it will have any impact.

Needless to say, it is less than ideal having wireless zwave devices that don't tell you what their battery status is!

Thanks.

Comment

I just added two Monoprice door sensors. They reported the battery at 100% when included, but the box “Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:” was selected. They have not changed in the days since included. Since the batteries are supposed to last several years, I am guessing they might remain at 100% for a while. It is also interesting the wake up interval defaulted to -1 seconds. I have no idea what that will do to battery reports.

I deselected the box so the date will update when the device reports and I changed the wake up interval to 6 hours for now. I will keep an eye on them.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
        Same here - two Shock Detectors - P/N 15269. They report vibration but nothing on the batteries except when I first add them.

I am also having the same problem with a Zooz water sensor, and apparently others are having the same issues with other Zooz sensors:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...14#post1331614

I see a beta version of the zwave out there at .152 but I would like some guidance as to whether I should update and if it will have any impact.

Needless to say, it is less than ideal having wireless zwave devices that don't tell you what their battery status is!

Thanks.
        I have the same problem with the zse30. It will not report the battery. All other zooz devices do report their batteries. I am on 152 and I had to exclude/include them again after the update. They seem to work correctly now. Put them as close to the interface as you can when you do. Also uncheck the box that Randy mentioned.

Comment

Same here - still at 100 since July. Interested to know if yours reports, yet remains at 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            Same here - still at 100 since July. Interested to know if yours reports, yet remains at 100.
            Yes mine still reads 100% and the date and time never change. Talked to thesmartesthouse about it but they shifted blame to HS3. They never got it resolved.

Comment

Mine should have reported twice by now, but the date remains at 11/1 when they were included. There is nothing in the log other than Open and Closed reporting. No wake-up or battery report.

I tend to think that they are not reporting, despite the buck passing to HST. The fact that the device is updated properly at inclusion makes me thing that HS is handling the reports when they are sent. I searched the logs back to when they were included and I get this:

Nov-01 6:41:39 PM Z-Wave Device: Motion Sensor US Bathroom Battery Set to 100
              Nov-01 6:40:07 PM Z-Wave Device: Motion Sensor DS Bathroom Battery Set to 100

The only battery reports were at the time I included the two sensors, not one since. And the update on the devices is the same as the log timestamps:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1192920
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Both Monoprice and Zooz multi 4-in-1 sensors are the same:

http://www.visionsecurity.com.tw/ind...id=313&index=1

From the Monoprice manual, which is better than Zooz (Except Monoprice doesn't actually mention where the hidden Z-Wave switch is), indicates that the controller has to send a 'BATTERY GET' command, and the sensor will only report low battery on its own.
                So my guess is that Homeseer would have to queue the command for when the sensor wakes up, but it might not be querying the sensor at all. Didn't find a way to get Homeseer to do just that.

Comment

Anyone get the "Monoprice Zwave Plus Shock Detector" to work properly? I've included mine successfully, optimized, and fully optomoized but not getting it to report any vibrations. Here is all I get on the home screen:

Also here's my reported command classes:
                  Command Classes:
                  Supported: Zwaveplus Info, Application Status(V 1), Association, Association Grp Info, Battery(V 1), Device Reset Locally, Firmware Update Md, Manufacturer Specific, Notification(V 4), Powerlevel, Security, Version, Wake Up Supported Secure: Zwaveplus Info, Application Status(Ver 1), Association, Association Grp Info, Battery(Ver 1), Device Reset Locally, Firmware Update Md, Manufacturer Specific, Notification(Ver 4), Powerlevel, Version, Wake Up

Comment

I have successfully included two motion detectors and they do report motion. I did have to delete and add a couple of times to get them to work. I recall that when adding I had to keep hitting the button to make sure it didn't go to sleep while adding everything.

As noted in this thread - homeseer doesn't seem to poll the battery so this never updates. I am hoping that whenever it reaches the low battery threshold then it will report this - whatever level this is.

Comment

"Assuming" the sensors are the same ones listed in z-wavealliance.org, these sensors are a-wave compliant and battery info should be displayed.

Have you included "un-secure"? That "fixes" sooo many things.

Or, you could file a bugzilla with HS.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have never added non secure. I assume I have to delete and then add again in Non Secure mode?

Comment

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but does anyone know if this has been fixed. I talked to tech support at Monoprice and they say that the battery status has to be polled during a wake-up cycle. The only battery status reporting the sensor does is when the battery goes low but at that point you're stuck with a sensor showing low battery that can't be reset.
                          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Not sure how kosher it is to do this since I don't generally like to mess with devices that are owned by a plugin but I was able to "reset" the battery low warning by simply setting the device value back to 100.

Here's the command string to do it: hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(devref, 100, True) where devref is the device reference for the battery status.

Since the sensor only sends out a low battery warning message, I've created an event to alert me to those.

Hope this is helpful to someone.
                            Ken
                            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                            X