X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade procedure for ACRF plugin from W800 free plugin

Hi,

I'm ready to try out this ACRF plugin and I currently have WGL800 free plugin installed. Will the install preserve all settings? Do I need to re-configure all triggers in Events GUI?

I'm running Homeseer 1.7.44.

Thanks for your help,

Simon

Originally posted by htsource
    Hi,

I'm ready to try out this ACRF plugin and I currently have WGL800 free plugin installed. Will the install preserve all settings? Do I need to re-configure all triggers in Events GUI?

I'm running Homeseer 1.7.44.

Thanks for your help,

Simon
    The new one will only work with HS2, not 1.7 so don't do it!

Comment

I am running this plugin in 1.7.7 Homeseer!!! Working just fine!!

Comment

The ACRF plug-in is designed for both HS1.7 and HS2.0.

When first installed it will detect that you are upgrading from the W800 plug-in and import the settings. Just make sure you disable the W800 plug-in interface before you enable the ACRF one.

The ACRF plug-in will not alter the W800 plug-in settings so you can switch back and forth - but you can't have both active at the same time.

Jon

Originally posted by digidoc
        The new one will only work with HS2, not 1.7 so don't do it!
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Hi Jon,

How do I disable the WGL800 interface? Do I just remove it from the Active Interfaces list? What about during installation, should I remove it too or leave it so the ACRF plugin will import the settings.

Thanks,
          Simon

Comment

Oops, I'm sorry for the bad info. I thought it was a .net app. I must have it confused with something else

Comment

Just removing it from the interface list in HomeSeer will deactivate it. Just make sure you restart HomeSeer after you disable it and *before* you enable the ACRF one as HomeSeer doesn't actually make the changes until you reboot.

The settings for the W800 are in the registry so you can disable or remove the W800 plug-in and the ACRF will still import them.

Jon

Hi Jon,

How do I disable the WGL800 interface? Do I just remove it from the Active Interfaces list? What about during installation, should I remove it too or leave it so the ACRF plugin will import the settings.

Thanks,
              Simon
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Htsource...

Just confirming what Oman wrote..I recently upgraded to ACRF: disable W800, shutdown HS, restart HS, enable ACRF.

No problems at all: all preferences, selections carried over.

Cheers,
                Scott

Comment

Thank you guys, I'll do the upgrade tonight when I get back from work.

Comment

I just updated the plugin and it migrated all settings over, however, none of the X10 security devices are responding. DooMotion X10 hawkeye motion sensors are working though.

I enabled detailed logging and if anything changes to the security device, I get many lines of logging so they're talking but somehow not updating.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Simon

Comment

I switched to the old WGL800 plugin and it worked immediately. Now when I switch back to ACRF plugin, it's still no good and it changes the code prefix from ^ to #. Is there any way to change the prefix back to ^?

I use Cinemar MainLobby and I have a lot of references based on house code, it would be quite a bit of work to update all MainLobby scenes.

Thanks,
                      Simon

Comment

I checked the ACRFProcessor.INI file, it seems all devices are updating fine, but HS devices are not.

Comment

The problem is the house code, and that's what HS sees. Are you sure you don't have a bunch of duplicate devices?

The upgrade will go bad if it detects that some other plug-in had been using the house code used for the W800.

Your best bet is to delete all the ACRF devices and restart HS letting the plug-in recreate them. It will look for the next open house code.

Jon

I checked the ACRFProcessor.INI file, it seems all devices are updating fine, but HS devices are not.
                          Jon Ort
                          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Thanks Oman, I deleted all devices in HS and they all got re-created using the old house code "^". I just had to re-map all events to appropriate devices.

Now I have a question about device values, is the plugin using the same values as before? I also have 2 scripts that I don't think they will work anymore, they are listed below. I didn't write them myself, I got them from the WGL800 board.

Thanks,

Simon

Code:
                            sub main()
                             Dim StartTime
                             Dim body
                             Set w800 = CreateObject("hspi_W800RF.hspi")
                              body = "Alarm in location: " & w800.GetLastSecurityDeviceLocation()
                             body = body & VbCrLf & "Device: " & w800.GetLastSecurityDeviceName()
                             body = body & VbCrLf & "At: " & Cstr(Time)
                             hs.SendEmail "[email="simon@email."]simon@email[/email]address.com", "Homeseer ", "Alarm", body
                            end sub

Code:
                            sub main()
                             Dim StartTime
                             Dim body
                              body = "Device Communicaton Failure in location: " & w800.GetLastSecurityDeviceLocation()
                             hs.SendEmail "[email="simon@emailaddress.com"]simon@emailaddress.com[/email]", "Homeseer ", "Device Com Failure", body
                            end sub

Comment

Those scripts should work by just changing:

to

Set w800 = CreateObject("hspi_ACRF.hspi")

</pre>Jon

Thanks Oman, I deleted all devices in HS and they all got re-created using the old house code "^". I just had to re-map all events to appropriate devices.

Now I have a question about device values, is the plugin using the same values as before? I also have 2 scripts that I don't think they will work anymore, they are listed below. I didn't write them myself, I got them from the WGL800 board.

Thanks,

Simon

Code:
                               sub main()
                                Dim StartTime
                                Dim body
                                 body = "Alarm in location: " & w800.GetLastSecurityDeviceLocation()
                                hs.SendEmail "simon@emailaddress.com", "Homeseer ", "Alarm", body
                               end sub

Code:
                               sub main()
                                Dim StartTime
                                Dim body
                                 body = "Device Communicaton Failure in location: " & w800.GetLastSecurityDeviceLocation()
                                hs.SendEmail "[email="simon@emailaddress.com"]simon@emailaddress.com[/email]", "Homeseer ", "Device Com Failure", body
                               end sub
                              Jon Ort
                              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X