Do I need SqueezeServer + Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need SqueezeServer + Client

I have never used squeezebox or squeezeserver.

If I install squeezeserver on a PC outputting to my receiver, can I use this plugin for HS to control squeezeserver on that PC or will I need to purchase a Logitech Squeeze client which pulls music from my squeezeserver?

You will need a client, but you can use the free SoftSqueeze client to output the sound on the computer sound card. I assume you intend to use the signal from the sound card to feed the receiver.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      You will need a client, but you can use the free SoftSqueeze client to output the sound on the computer sound card. I assume you intend to use the signal from the sound card to feed the receiver.
      thanks. i was not aware logitech offered a free client for pc (new to this)

Comment

Originally posted by Big View Post
        thanks. i was not aware logitech offered a free client for pc (new to this)
        I don't think Logitech sponsors the SoftSqueeze. I suspect it's a hold over from the slimdevices days.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

As Mike said, you will need a client to play any songs. As far as software players you can use SoftSqueeze, SqueezeSlave or SqueezePlay. If you installed the LMS Server, SoftSqueeze is accessible from the Extras menu from the LMS web interface (assuming it is enabled in Settings > Plugins).

Comment

Can 1 PC provide multiple different streams of softsqueeze by using multiple soundcards or is it 1 PC per stream?

Comment

Yes one PC can run multiple instances of softsqueeze using different sound cards. Check this forum; different users posted information abut such a setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Big View Post
                Can 1 PC provide multiple different streams of softsqueeze by using multiple soundcards or is it 1 PC per stream?
                HI Big,

To do this you need to use squeezeslave and set the sound card outputs.
                I run a .bat file to set this on pc startup.

Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Working...
                X