Short answers by GH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short answers by GH

Unilke Alexa, GH has very long responses to confirm an action.
    Is it possible to setup Google Home for short responses like "OK" or "done".

Example:

Now:

Me: Hey Google turn master bedroom bed lights on.
    GH: Turning on master bedroom bed lights

To be:

Me: Hey Google turn master bedroom bed lights on.
    GH: OK

Just use IFTT for your events, easy setup, nice interface, no virtual device.
    Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
      Just use IFTT for your events, easy setup, nice interface, no virtual device.
      ... and too much work for something that should be automatic.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        ... and too much work for something that should be automatic.
        and shame for HS ....
        Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
          and shame for HS ....
          You mean Google...
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Put a request in with Google to allow for custom confirmation messages globally and optionally per command. The easiest way is to use the Assistant/Home unit itself "Hey Google Send Feedback I would like to be able to change the confirmation command for each command and/or globally for all commands." or use their in app methods. You could also chat with someone via that link and provide it through them as well if using a computer. You can also use their Forums where you will probably get a suggestion to use the above methods. I will end up pushing back on whomever give me that response with "I want to type it out and this is the only place I can do that with a keyboard."
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

For this particular case the shame is on Google not HS as far as there is little HS can do about it. By "little" I mean they may raise concerns about it as any of us could but their voice is louder being a corporate client/partner of Google.

With this said there are many GH features that are yet to be implemented by HS. The claim by HS that they have GH integration was a major motivator for me to buy HS3 product. I didn't expect that the integration is for 3 functions only on, off, dim without ability to run events and without reports of status and values of HS3 devices.

Comment

Working...
              X