Clear All

NEEO REMOTE

I have posted elsewhere before about this remote :

https://neeo.com/remote/

https://planet.neeo.com/t/18lvvs

Opinions granted!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

I bought one of these... not overly impressed for the money I paid for it.

I tried to add it to Homeseer for the Z-wave ability. However, all devices showed up on one page - a common complaint. Besides, it didn't work with my setup. To no fault to the Neeo, my Z-wave plugin is ancient. I plan on updating both Homeseer and the plugin and so will try again.

I haven't used it for months.. there is a new firmware update - perhaps I'll try that to see if there are improvements.

It's a very nice looking remote however...

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      I bought one of these... not overly impressed for the money I paid for it.

I tried to add it to Homeseer for the Z-wave ability. However, all devices showed up on one page - a common complaint. Besides, it didn't work with my setup. To no fault to the Neeo, my Z-wave plugin is ancient. I plan on updating both Homeseer and the plugin and so will try again.

I haven't used it for months.. there is a new firmware update - perhaps I'll try that to see if there are improvements.

It's a very nice looking remote however...

Robert

I have been watching it for a very loooooong time! I want to keep my options open because there seems to be some other interested parties out there with my kind of thinking. =====> Controlling individual devices such as lights or any devices alone wouldn't be more appealing to me but guess what?
      What if even the makers didn't think of scenes in the way I would think it should be best used.

Now imagine if you had scenes like, Bed Time, @Home, Away.............. ===> And let HomeSeer do the heavy lifting. So the only buttons you would create are TV charnels and the rest scene buttons. But that may not appeal to the "average Joe" So what can you do to make things more spicy and add MQTT in the mix? Cant it be done? ====>
      Now look at what I found :

https://www.npmjs.com/package/neeo-f...scenes-adapter

https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-neeo

https://www.npmjs.com/package/neeo-sdk

Now maybe we are not alone

Eman.
      Last edited by Eman; May 1, 2018, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Inovation!

It just like asking, is there someone out there? ===> In the "Galaxy"

But guys check out these guys here : https://planet.neeo.com/category/sdk-api?sort=newest

Has innovation slowed down on the HomeSeer forums? ===>
        Cometh the mcsMQTT plugin ====> Man, that plugin is crazy!!! but there doesn't seem to be much traffic there either

Some devs offer their plugins for free and guess what?, they tend to be the most incredible! plugins I have seen so far, dare quote me wrong!

You are all failing me!

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          It just like asking, is there someone out there? ===> In the "Galaxy"

Has innovation slowed down on the HomeSeer forums? ===>
          Cometh the mcsMQTT plugin ====> Man, that plugin is crazy!!! but there doesn't seem to be much traffic there either

Eman.
          I use the mcsMQTT plugin extensively, i've not posted in that forum for a while, it just works for me and I'm able to do some mad stuff with the SONOFF devices
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I don't think it's innovation.....

I think a lot of people are shying away from developing as it's a lot of time/effort to develop and support when it seems a lot or most want free plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
              I use the mcsMQTT plugin extensively, i've not posted in that forum for a while, it just works for me and I'm able to do some mad stuff with the SONOFF devices

I started this thread quite a while ago but did not attract attention but to sum it up on your experience the mcsMQTT plugin matured into the big beast it is today with quite a few followers. I like tech but in my case it's mostly media and a few sensors. Nothing critical, I guess am alone!

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                I don't think it's innovation.....

I think a lot of people are shying away from developing as it's a lot of time/effort to develop and support when it seems a lot or most want free plugins.

Your statement although quite half true does hit on a great point of free!
                Yes, but in my case I have a vast array of paid for plugins in my arsenal some of which are switched off. The reason being that if it's smart I ought to have it plus support the devs. and that it will come in handy one day! I guess I am a hoarder

But not to kick it on about data collecting related plugins, it's all good! If you live alone or developing for industry it makes sense. A simple example if you are designing an HSTouch project for a family the focal point should be user ability with say button x sets off a series of events and keep the data collecting screens for the administrator hidden and / or protected with a password.

Now that aside, wouldn't it be nice to have a smart remote which can be carried anywhere in your house and perform different tasks rather than walk up to / or carrying a large tablet but only this time the object is light and easily portable?
                Or would it be more convenient when in the middle of a call your son asks for the phone so they can change the channel on TV

If it's smart, simplifies life and user friendly the buyers will come! That's how the makers of that remote started. Only one problem with them, they want it to control everything. Why reinvent the wheel? I asked them. Just add mqtt and let in my case HomeSeer control the rest! So for some of us would have the likes of Control 4, Savant...........etc but on a budget and still have the joy of sticking in your own hands (D.I.Y) as the admin

Eman.

Comment

Here still utilizing old X10 RF remote control devices as they work perfectly with W800 and combo antenna in attic.

[ATTACH]69727[/ATTACH]

Years ago configured RF remote buttons with my OmniPro 2 which also worked just fine for me with RF transceiver in basement and bettter with it extended up a couple of floors.

[ATTACH]69726[/ATTACH]

That said now looking at using cheap SonOff with 433 Mhz remote control buttons which I will start to tinker soon.

[ATTACH]69725[/ATTACH]

Homeseer talks to X10, UPB, ZWave, Zigbee and WiFi these days.
                  Last edited by Pete; July 5, 2018, 09:18 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Here still utilizing old X10 RF remote control devices as they work perfectly with W800 and combo antenna in attic.

[ATTACH]69727[/ATTACH]

Years ago configured RF remote buttons with my OmniPro 2 which also worked just fine for me with RF transceiver in basement and bettter with it extended up a couple of floors.

[ATTACH]69726[/ATTACH]

That said now looking at using cheap SonOff with 433 Mhz remote control buttons which I will start to tinker soon.

[ATTACH]69725[/ATTACH]

Homeseer talks to X10, UPB, ZWave, Zigbee and WiFi these days.

I use the Edisio KeyFob : eTrendy With the JEEDOM Plugin.The battery is awesome!

Eman
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Pete; July 5, 2018, 10:54 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

It's the battery which is amazing! I have it stack 93% ever since I had it which is like over 2yrs now although not used much. I think that explains why.

Eman.

Comment

As for the remote, I used to press 1011 (provided you can remember all the channel numbers) just to watch CNN. Now it's only one graphical icon.
                          Simply put!

Images below :

Eman.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I bought it for this as well. However, my recipe to turn both my Bell Fibe box and T.V don't always work. It turns the T.V on then complains about a dumb device ( Fibre box). So now I need to swipe to that device screen and manually turn it on. I find there is so much swiping left then right, that it fails the WAF test. The remote which comes with the Fibe box works both with one press of the button. Hard to beat that - mind you, no nice graphics screen like the Neeo.
                            Mine is all black and is very nice looking. I haven't tried to include the z-wave functionality again. Have you?

Robert
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                              I bought it for this as well. However, my recipe to turn both my Bell Fibe box and T.V don't always work. It turns the T.V on then complains about a dumb device ( Fibre box). So now I need to swipe to that device screen and manually turn it on. I find there is so much swiping left then right, that it fails the WAF test. The remote which comes with the Fibe box works both with one press of the button. Hard to beat that - mind you, no nice graphics screen like the Neeo.
                              Mine is all black and is very nice looking. I haven't tried to include the z-wave functionality again. Have you?

Robert
                              The devices I buy are hdmi-cec capable. So when it comes to powering on or off that is taken care of. The graphics are created automatically while setting up favourites from the satellite TV tuner. About Zwave, I have no intention of doing that or it does not make sense to me.
                              All what is needed is MQTT in the mix. Although you can I don't want it to be the most used item in the house.
                              Just check out the the KODI driver and also others

If it's scenes then it appeals to me say, pressing an away event but not controlling a single light.
                              That's only about taste!

Eman.

Comment

Working...
                              X