Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell WiFi plugin/scripts

Hey,

I'm working on scripts to integrate the Honeywell WiFi thermostats into HS3. I need to do this to be able to control the thermostats based on events (e.g. it gets cold out side and I want to stop my pipes from freezing by periodically turning the heat up.)

Is anyone interested in this or already working on it?

Writing this is a huge pain in the *** beacuse the only interface is through the website. So, you need to simulate a browser, long in with cookies, pars HTML for values, etc.

So far I can read all the data I want. Next step will be creating home seer devices and then updating.

So, if you are interested in this, let me know.

-Jeremy

Honeywell released an SDK for their stats so you should contact them for more information rather than scraping the site which is prone to failure.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Honeywell released an SDK for their stats so you should contact them for more information rather than scraping the site which is prone to failure.
      Yes, I filled out their form on their website and haven't heard anything back. By the looks of things they only want to support a few developers, not the general public. My guess is they would respond to some one from HomeSeer, but not to the individual home owner.

-Jeremy

Comment

I just read the manual and see that it has an outside connection to Total Comfort which is how you access this thermostat thru the web. I did that for a Vulkano and said I'd never do that again. Rely on a site for access never works long term and I don't want anything open to my network like that.

Yes, I would be interested and will fill out the form. If we can get access, and mass in numbers to open this up to HS users, why wouldn't they want help.

Of course I'm all about open source so a no charge plugin is what we need.

Matt
        Last edited by mattm55; September 7, 2014, 07:03 PM. Reason: More Info

Comment

Originally posted by mattm55 View Post
          Yes, I would be interested and will fill out the form. If we can get access, and mass in numbers to open this up to HS users, why wouldn't they want help.

Of course I'm all about open source so a no charge plugin is what we need.

Matt
          Let us know if you have any luck. So far no one as far as I know has had any luck getting a response from these guys.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X