Status Text Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status Text Change

Hi Mark - I'm enjoying your Vista plugin! I just integrated my Amazon Echo with my Home Seer and have run into a small problem. The Alexa app can't seem to understand commands where the status text is hyphenated or has a space (Arm-Away or Bypass All as an example). Alexa understands "Disarm" with no problem, and if I change a Status text to another word Alexa will understand it (e.g. "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to set Security to Away" instead of 'Arm-Away'). However, if I change the status text from the pre-configured values, the plugin doesn't correctly send the command to the Vista system. I'm guessing it's due to this thread in the Insteon plugin: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176882
    I'm wondering if you were able to fix the KLM button issue in this thread and if the code fix could be ported to the Vista plugin?

Thanks!
    Josh

I'll take a look and see what i can do.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Josh,
      are you looking to just remove the dashes from the button names (ie Arm Stay), or did you want put in some custom word instead (ie Stay)
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I couldn't tell if the Alexa stuff was choking on the space, hyphen or both so I was just going to use a single word (Stay, Away, Instant, Maximum)

Comment

as a test, can you create an event called Arm Stay with an vista action to arm the alarm. and then test the voice command. I'm mostly just curious if the dash is the issue.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The event 'Arm Stay' works to arm the device via HomeSeer Speaker voice command.

Comment

i posted .23 beta in the forum; see below. Please backup your hs3 config, and install according to the instructions.

please provide feedback on this thread

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180865
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X