Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Aprilaire plugin support Enerzone 'stats?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the Aprilaire plugin support Enerzone 'stats?

Does anyone know if the Aprilaire plugin supports the older 884x series Enerzone thermostats? I have a four zone system with 2x, 8870s and 2x, 8844 'stats with 8809 com base modules. The last I looked the 8870 protocol was a superset of the 884x protocol.

Thanks,
    Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

So I'll answer my own question

Well I didn't really want to impact the HS 1.7 system too much (nor the family for that matter) so I didn't really want to move the statnet connections over to the new HS2 system but went ahead and did it last night after everyone else had gone to bed.

It does appear that this plug-in will support the older 884x series 'stats except for the obvious features like "Display Date/Time" that aren't available on those models.

Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

So now that it's the end of October and it's time to control the setpoints in the 'stats I've discovered that while the plug-in can read data from the 'stats it doesn't change the setpoints, even though the setpoint data within HS changes. So, it doesn't look like this plug-in works with the older 'stats after all.

Oh well, off to write some scripts this weekend.

Ken

Comment

Working...
      X