X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HST: StatusColors NOT based on Status?

Team,

"StatusColors" in HST are supposed to be based on the device status.
    In real life it is based on the device status TEXT, not on the actual Status (on=2,off=3,etc)
    HST:1.0.0.58, Designer: 1.0.72

Help text:
    If an element has a status text association set (using StatusTracking...) then this property will be available. Use this to assign a different background color, font color, or alternate text to an element. For example, you can assign a different background color to the element if a HomeSeer device is ON or OFF or DIM, or change the displayed text to "Light On" when the devices's status is set to ON.
    I have tested this in multiple ways with the same result. Many of my devices have different device-strings but use the device status.

To me this is a pretty major bug. What are your ideas?

DJ

device status will be going away in HS3, so you are much better off using device value instead. Here's a video that may help:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153439
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I have many devices where I use the value for things like power usage.

The problem would be solved if the StatusColors can be set based on a range. Example:

DeviceValue = 0 - red text
      DeviceValue = 20...200 - green text

Thank you for the tip though, I never realized that for ON/OFF devices the value is set to 100 for ON, even though the device string is something completely different (like "away" or "home")

Thank you!
      DJ

Comment

Working...
      X