Z-Seer+ Now Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    hmmm, perhaps simply disabling them in the Z-Wave plug-in would work. Try that. Disable 3 of them, then launch Z-Seer. If that works, disable the first one and enable the second...etc...

By "disable" I just mean clicking the green checkmark in the image below. You shouldn't have to remove the interface.
    I can confirm, this DOES NOT work. If I disable two Z-Nets, leaving my primary controller enabled i get this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	1191116

Z-Seer+ will only will find the Garage Z-Net and if that interface is disabled it causes Z-Seer+ to fail. If I stop and restart the Z-Wave plug-in Z-Seer+ no longer errors at startup, but fails to query the one enabled interface. I will try powering them down later today.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I do not see any entries for last working route and the updater claims I am current on HS3Pro and I am also current on the Z-Wave plugin. I was looking because I also do not see any items for Direct or Hop Count nor do I get a path on a double click. I am using a Z-Troller if that matters.

Karl
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I powered off 2 of my Z-Nets, leaving the primary powered and I get the same results. I am unable to find and sequence of changes that will allow Z-Seer+ to find any interface except the Garage, which only has a handful of nodes.

If someone figures out how to trick Z-Seer+ into finding another interface when there is more than 1, I would like to hear.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
          I have upgraded the Z-wave plugin, but I get these messages and no nodes showing. Restarted HS3 and reinstalled Zseer+

Any ideas?
          Same issue: "Cannot access HomeSeer: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Elliott
          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Go into HS3, access the Z-Wave node info page and look at the "Last working route" field for each node. If the last working route is "none", Z-Wave won't be able to show route lines and won't know how many hops those nodes need.
            Went to the suggested page, but there is no 'Last working route' field.

The graphic shows a bunch of nodes in pink, and these nodes fail the response and command test, yet work when I try to control them from HS3.

Also, there is no routing shown.

Using latest Z-Wave plugin with a Z-troller.
            Don

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
              Same issue: "Cannot access HomeSeer: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Elliott
              Same issue here. Using a Z-Wave.me UZB interface.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                I powered off 2 of my Z-Nets, leaving the primary powered and I get the same results. I am unable to find and sequence of changes that will allow Z-Seer+ to find any interface except the Garage, which only has a handful of nodes.

If someone figures out how to trick Z-Seer+ into finding another interface when there is more than 1, I would like to hear.
                Rich will need to check this a little further... might take a bit of time to fix.

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Elliott
                If you're connection settings aren't correct, it may throw this error. Check the docs regarding this! If you're trying to connect to a remote system, you'll need to forward a port.

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                Went to the suggested page, but there is no 'Last working route' field.

The graphic shows a bunch of nodes in pink, and these nodes fail the response and command test, yet work when I try to control them from HS3.

Also, there is no routing shown.

Using latest Z-Wave plugin with a Z-troller.
                See screen shot below. This is what the "Last Working Route" field looks like on the node info page. In this example, "Direct (40K)" will appear on the node block as a green circle with a white "D". When double-clicking this node, the node block will turn blue (indicating 40K route) and a single route line will be drawn to the controller. If the last working route is "None", no hop icon will appear and you won't get any route lines when clicking the node block.
                Attached Files
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  Under Edit>Connection... do you have the IP address of your HS server entered? If you do and are on computer that is separate from your HS server, you might have a firewall issue.
                  Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I do have the IP and HS3 and Zseer+ are on the same server. I have a Z-troller if that matters.

I get this in the HS3 log when Zseer+ first tries to connect, but that's it.

"Z-Wave polling has been disabled by Z-Seer+"

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    Same issue here. Using a Z-Wave.me UZB interface.
                    Jon - Be sure to follow the connection instructions carefully, particularly for remote connections: http://help.homeseer.com/help/Z-Seer...asic_functions

Comment

Here is a screenshot of my Node Information. I used HS Touch to turn on and off a few devices and see nothing for the last route as shown in the sample in macromark's earlier post.
                      Attached Files
                      Karl S
                      HS4Pro on Windows 10
                      1070 Devices
                      56 Z-Wave Nodes
                      104 Events
                      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Jon - Be sure to follow the connection instructions carefully, particularly for remote connections: http://help.homeseer.com/help/Z-Seer...asic_functions
                        Mark,

I'm running on my LAN and have correctly selected Homeseer from the drop down. Same error with the firewalls on or off. It correctly finds the Controller and displays its neighbors, however you cannot select anything from Location1/2 which are blank. If you update, the same Object reference shows.
                        Attached Files
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                          Here is a screenshot of my Node Information. I used HS Touch to turn on and off a few devices and see nothing for the last route as shown in the sample in macromark's earlier post.
                          OK, "Last working route" will only display if you have a 500 series controller. Do you have a SmartStick+, Z-NET or UZB controller?
                          Last edited by rjh; June 6, 2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Mark,

I'm running on my LAN and have correctly selected Homeseer from the drop down. Same error with the firewalls on or off. It correctly finds the Controller and displays its neighbors, however you cannot select anything from Location1/2 which are blank. If you update, the same Object reference shows.
                            Jon - which controller are you using? I'm seeing "Powerlynx"??

Comment

Jon - which controller are you using? I'm seeing "Powerlynx"??
                              It's a Z-Wave.me UZB interface (European Version)
                              Jon

Comment

Are there any errors in the HS log? I assume you are running the 3.0.1.124 Z-Wave plugin? It looks like the Z-Wave information in the plugin is not matching your devices in HS for some reason, so no devices are found. If you go to the Z-Wave tab in one of your devices, does it show node information ok?

Mark,

Comment

Working...
                                X