remote voice commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remote voice commands

Is there a way to configure the Speaker Client such that I can issue "voice commands" to the server via a remote connection. This would be great for wheelchair mounted laptops.

Thanks,

I'm not sure I'm following your question. The speaker client is loaded on the laptop and uses the VR from that laptop which makes it remote.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

remote voice commands

I have setup my HS server with a unique attention phrase and response phrase. All works well when the microphone is direct connected to the server. I can issue voice commands to turn on/off lights, all is as expected.

I run the speaker client on my laptop and it connects to the server. I can send TTS to my laptop and all works well in that direction. server -> laptop.

When I try issuing a "voice command" via the laptop (intended for the server) the laptop does not respond to my unique attention phase but requires the default "computer." If I try to issue voice commands that previously worked with the mircophone direct connected to the server, I get "I don't understand."

My words are being logged on the Server system log window but the laptop, not the server appears to be responding. The laptop doesn't know about my unique attention phrase nor any of the devices I have setup.

Can I issue 'voice commands" from my laptop and have the server respond as if I were using a mircophone directed connected to the server? I guess I'm asking if I can use the Speaker Client as a "remote microphone" to issue voice commands.

Comment

This is just a guess on my part, but you might want to go throught the voice recognition training on the laptop. It may be that the laptop VR engine doesn't understand you.
        Mike

Comment

I will give that a try when I'm in a quiet...currently in Starbucks.

Are you saying I should be able to use the Speaker Client as a "remote microphone" to issue voice commands to the server?

Comment

Originally posted by ATEngineer View Post
            I will give that a try when I'm in a quiet...currently in Starbucks.

Are you saying I should be able to use the Speaker Client as a "remote microphone" to issue voice commands to the server?
            Yes.

Comment

After thinking about it, the laptop responds to the attention word "computer" with "yes sire" This is not the attention word and response phrase I customized in the server. Apparently this is a local (laptop) ASR and not connected to the server

Comment

You configure the attention phrase via each client. Check the VR tab.

Comment

Got it!

I was expecting to hear my unique greeting and that threw me.

Also works better with a dedicated mircophone rather than the laptop builtin microphone.

This is a big feature for people dealing with disabilities who are totally dependent on voice control.

I am impress with HS capabilities and more importantly their support

Thank You

Comment

Working...
                  X