Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often is the trigger sent?

Hi

If I set up a schedule in EasyTrigger and created an event to control a device
    when the scheduled time is entered AND while in the scheduled. How often will this actually trigger the event? Or do I have to set it up as a recurring event?

Joe
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Originally posted by jjsmd View Post
    Hi

If I set up a schedule in EasyTrigger and created an event to control a device
    when the scheduled time is entered AND while in the scheduled. How often will this actually trigger the event? Or do I have to set it up as a recurring event?

Joe
    It will run only when triggered. The "AND while in the scheduled" will have no bearing. You set it up to trigger when it enters the scheduled time, that is when it will trigger, the condition will always be true at the moment it is triggered. It will trigger again the next time it enters the scheduled time.

What do you want to do?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for your reply

I had abandoned this for a while , but am now back to it.

What I am trying to do is to have a recurring trigger ( every hour) but only during an easytrigger schedule ( for example every hour but only between 10 AM and 9 PM)

what would be the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

Comment

There are three easy approaches. The first is a recurring trigger of once an hour and a condition that the event occur within a scheduled time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1186549

This would work fine, but it could be up to an hour into the time schedule before the event would first run. Another approach could be to have it recur once a minute but set it so it "Cannot Re-Run For: 1 hour". The result of this construction would be that the event would run within a minute of entering the time schedule, then once an hour after that first run.

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1186550

The above two would be the better approach if the schedule varied with sunrise/sunset or if it was not set to start on the hour. The third would work if your schedule was on the hour, for example between 10:00 PM and 9:00 AM. Then you would have a recurring trigger of once an hour at the top of the hour. If you want the event to run one last time at the end of the schedule, have the schedule end at 9:01 AM.

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1186551
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X