• Show
Clear All

Lighting & Primary Technology

Regards
    Morten

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
      Lighting & Primary Technology
      That's the section in the HS Updater. A discussion thread is referenced here.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thx for the pointer, I now have MQTT installed. BUT I'm not finding any info on how to setup the Docker Eclipse-Mosquitto?

I installed both Homeseer & Vera MQTT clients and Docker Eclipse-Mosquitto (on Synology)... Docker Eclipse-Mosquitto seems to be running (log says it is listening on 1883)

If I type any command into the terminal (add user, etc) no response/answer back on the terminal.

I think I need to change the Broker Username/PW and maybe setup Username/PW for the clients (I'll have 2 - Homeseer & Vera).

Thanks for any help you can give!

Comment

Homeseer Device String

Does anyone know how to publish a homeseer device string or any replacement variable for that matter via MQTT. The plugin has an option to publish a device value but not string. I've tried replacement variable $$DVRref):
          Last edited by vicom; August 22, 2017, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vicom View Post
            Does anyone know how to publish a homeseer device string or any replacement variable for that matter via MQTT. The plugin has an option to publish a device value but not string. I've tried replacement variable $$DVRref):
            I'm having a similar problem (I think it's the same problem).

I was able to create a device that subscribed to "room/temperature" and then have another device publishing to that topic and the device updated correctly in Home Seer to monitor room temp.

But now I want to create a device that subscribes to "hs/fireplace" and have something publish an On or Off value. I can't get it to update correctly. I can have mqtt.fx subscribe to that topic and see that the messages are getting published correctly but I can't figure out what value I need to publish in order to get the device to change the status to On or Off correctly.

Anybody know what I have to do to get that to work?

Comment

Hi all,

The best help for this plugin can be found here: https://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10525

And my best advice is get a separate Raspberry PI 3 and use that as a separate server to run MQTT and Node-RED. Use Peter Scargill's script found here: https://tech.scargill.net/?s=script on Raspbian to create the server then let HomeSeer subscribe to all sorts of topics from that server where half of the magic is processed and then sent to HomeSeer as mqtt topics so you can create all kinds of devices.

Eman.
              Last edited by Eman; September 15, 2017, 07:06 AM.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by PilotC150 View Post
                I'm having a similar problem (I think it's the same problem).

I was able to create a device that subscribed to "room/temperature" and then have another device publishing to that topic and the device updated correctly in Home Seer to monitor room temp.

But now I want to create a device that subscribes to "hs/fireplace" and have something publish an On or Off value. I can't get it to update correctly. I can have mqtt.fx subscribe to that topic and see that the messages are getting published correctly but I can't figure out what value I need to publish in order to get the device to change the status to On or Off correctly.

Anybody know what I have to do to get that to work?
                How is your HS3 device setup and what are you sending for on/off. Typically 0 (off) and 100 (on) are the values you would send from the MQTT device to HS3. Configure the device Status Graphics tab for 0/100 on/off and it should work.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                  How is your HS3 device setup and what are you sending for on/off. Typically 0 (off) and 100 (on) are the values you would send from the MQTT device to HS3. Configure the device Status Graphics tab for 0/100 on/off and it should work.

Z
                  I will absolutely try this when I get home. I set up mine with Off as 0 and On as 1.

I'll change it to be 0 and 100 and try publishing the "100" value and see if that trigger the status to change to an "On" instead of "Off".

I'll report back. Thanks!

EDIT:
                  I was actually able to test it quick from work. Still no luck.
                  I've got Mosquitto running on it's own Raspberry Pi, and that's not a problem. I can subscribe and publish to topics just fine from there. In fact I have HomeSeer publishing to a topic that a ESP8266 is subscribed to and it will successfully publish a value, the ESP8266 will receive the message and act appropriately.

My problem with Home Seer:
                  - I created a subscription for the topic of "hs/fireplace/set" and added a device for that topic.
                  - On the configuration tab I renamed the device and set the Floor and Room accordingly.
                  - I didn't make any changes on the Advanced tab
                  - On the Configuration tab I added Single Values in the "Status Text" and "Status Graphic" section. "0" for "Off" and "100" for "On". I set the image files (in the Graphic section) and Control Use (in the Status Text section) appropriately.
                  - I made no changes on the MQTT tab.

Now, what I expect to happen is when I open up mqtt.fx and publish a value of "100" to that topic (hs/fireplace/set) then I should see the state of my device change to On. I don't see that happening, though.

What am I missing?
                  Last edited by PilotC150; September 13, 2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I will absolutely try this when I get home. I set up mine with Off as 0 and On as 1.

I'll change it to be 0 and 100 and try publishing the "100" value and see if that trigger the status to change to an "On" instead of "Off".

I'll report back. Thanks!
                    The values aren't that important, it's just matching what is being sent from the device to HS3 (ie you're trying to match that)

Z

Comment

I solved the problem, but I'm still not sure what was causing it.

On the Subscriptions page for the MQTT there's a list of all of topics I'm subscribing to, and the name and room of the device.

The topic I was subscribing to was "hs/fireplace/status", and even though I clicked "Add" to add the device for that topic, the Name, Room and Type columns never got populated, even after the virtual device was created.

I recreated the subscription with a new topic and now it shows up correctly.

Not sure if that totally makes sense, but clearly something wasn't hooking up the device with the topic subscription correctly. Either way, I created the new subscription and now it works perfectly!

And now I'll be able to turn my fireplace on and off with my Amazon Echo!

You can see in the attached screenshot that there are two "fireplace" topics. The blank one is the one that was messed up. Even when I clicked "Add" and created the device that way, it never shows up fully populated, as the other ones on the list do.

Now my question is (a bit of a side question): How can I remove the old topics that I don't want anymore?
                      Attached Files

Comment

On the Subscriptions page for the MQTT there's a list of all of topics I'm subscribing to, and the name and room of the device.

The topic I was subscribing to was "hs/fireplace/status", and even though I clicked "Add" to add the device for that topic, the Name, Room and Type columns never got populated, even after the virtual device was created.

Not sure if that totally makes sense, but clearly something wasn't hooking up the device with the topic subscription correctly. Either way, I created the new subscription and now it works perfectly!

You can see in the attached screenshot that there are two "fireplace" topics. The blank one is the one that was messed up. Even when I clicked "Add" and created the device that way, it never shows up fully populated, as the other ones on the list do.

Now my question is (a bit of a side question): How can I remove the old topics that I don't want anymore?

That's nice you got it working but also to understand it better, create "Pub_Topics" using the MQTT menu button. The devices are already the devices you have in HomeSeer. Image ==> Mqtt_Pub. Like @vasrc says the values don't matter. When mqtt devices are created their values will be in the advanced button of the device menu. So remote devices can subscribe to those values.
                        Now for events custom topics, they are self explanatory ====>Image Mqtt_Pub CUSTOM TOPIC.
                        For events publishing DEVICE VALUES, see image Mqtt_Pub DEVICE VALUE. This will publish the values of any of your HomeSeer devices which your remote devices like the ESP8266 can subscribe to and react.

Anyone correct me. I am open to learning new stuff and help where I can.

Eman.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Eman; September 13, 2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

When you delete the HS3 point the publish and subscribe internals in the MQTT plugin are removed. Since most Subscriptions are to virtual HS3 devices I would suspect, you should be able to delete it without any adverse affect. The publish points are kept in the SQL db but the subscriptions are looked up via their MQTT plugin linkage. So I'm guessing the two points that you want removed are still linked to HS3 devices?

Z

Comment

You can delete the problem devices anytime and start from scratch. But don't forget to tick monitor server in the MQTT settings. When you restart HomeSeer they will disappear from the subscription area.
                            I hope that's what you are on about.

Eman.
                            Last edited by Eman; September 14, 2017, 05:09 AM.

Comment

I'm getting this error with a clean install of the MQTT plugin?

Error Initializing plug-in(2): MQTT Instance::unable to open database fileSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Comment

Please redirect all installation questions here :
                                https ://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10525&sid=880dc284265ed75eb9a0e77efb13c 792#p75006

Tip: Unless you are running HS3 Linux, Try to have your Broker on an other server/ RPI 3. Although unrelated the Windows version of Mqtt broker can be a pain sometimes.
                                Make sure you have allowed the client to connect to the broker with the right name, password and port.

Eman.
                                Last edited by Eman; October 27, 2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X