Event based on all Tags being out of range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event based on all Tags being out of range

I'd like to setup an event to arm the alarm when all tags are out of range in case we forgot to do it. As it is right now when I choose BLRfid triggers it only lets me choose one of the Tags on which to trigger. Am I missing something here or does there need to be an option to trigger on "all tags" if thats the case then Ill submit a feature request.

Thanks for your awesome plugins Bob.

I do something similar to activate my away mode, which does a lot of stuff plus turning on the alarm. You can just use conditions in a standard event for that.

conditons
    if tag 1 is off
    and
    tag 2 is off
    and
    tag 3 is off

action

do whatever you like
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thanks Marty, I actually did just that now, and its working. Still would be kind of nice to see triggers by group. I saw a Closed feature request that seemed to indicate this was done, but I can't see how in BLRFID triggers.

Comment

if i remember right the groups were for grouping similar tags together. For example I have two tags in each of my cars, they both have to be off before the group will trigger as off. I use the group for tracking weather or not cars are in range.

There is no reason you can't do the same thing and put all your tags in one group and just use that group to trigger from. The only problem with that is it makes it harder to track individual cars when there all in the same group.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

I see. Im still just using one 4031 per car until I get the money to get additional ones for redundancy. So far everything is working well though.

Comment

Need help for blrfid

Hello,

My RF40315RT sends 4 characters to the receiver (which i can see from hyper terminal) but i BLRFID doesnt work. Ive installed the latest BLRFID plugin 1.0.0.38 and using HS 2.5.0.21..

From the options screen of the BLRFID plugin, ive configured my serial port as com4 ( my usb to serial converter configured 9600,8,n,1 which works fine with hyperterminal (HS not running when using hyper terminal).. From HS log, the serial port is open.. Several devices are created,

From the option screen of the plugin i have a "not installed" status for both parameters in server message option.. (see below)
            StatusNot InstalledSend RFId to Message Server ClientsBLBroadcast OptionsStatusNot InstalledSend RFId to BLBroadcast Clients

In the status page, there are 3 devices: status unknown for both "Last tag out of range" and "last tag in range" and status 1 for "TAG count"
            From BLRFID STATuS PAGE the tag's status displays " Out of range". No group has been assigned.

the transmitter and rxcvr works fine with hyper terminal. The TAG ID 1MV0 from hyper terminal was used as TAG ID in the BLRFID

Ive tried cheaperrfid and it works fine.

Can someone help ?

Thanks a lot
            Vic1743

Comment

Are you using either one of those plug-ins (Message Server or BLBroadcast)? If not they should not be checked. Have you added the tag you're trying to use? What I do is check the box next to "Log All Tags Received to HomeSeer Log". When you do this all tags received by the plug-in will show up in your HS log. Then you can add that specific tag to the plug-in using the add button on the maintain tags setup screen. Then un-check the "Log All Tags Received to HomeSeer Log" check box or your HS log will fill up with tag entries.
              Marty
              ------

Comment

Re rfid

Hello nightwalker,

Thanks a lot for your help, ive been able now to track the RFID disconnect and connect link when the option "log all tags received to homeseer log" was enabled. Great job !!

Next step...

I then created two events with speaker when the tag is out of range/in range. However i noticed that the transmitter's signal range to be poor (supposed to be 40metres of range) I have a 9 inch straight wire hooked to the transmitter and receiver.. The transmitter has 2 batteries CR2032 (brand new).

Im not sure i did everything correctly. Any suggestion ?

Rgds
                Vic1743

Comment

You're getting into an area now that is going to be full of trial and error. Antenna types are not my strong point. I have my receivers in the attic, one in the front and one in the rear. I can tell you that the 40m tags can be a bit hit or miss when they are within 10 or 12 meters of the receivers.

Setting up events can be tricky sometimes and you have to play with how long you want things to be off before it reports. For example, initially I had things set low so the group would report as soon as it was out of range but that didn't work well here for two reasons. 1) Tags drop signal once in a while and I'd get events triggering just because of that. It's one of the reasons I went with two tags per vehicle. 2) In my little development here when leaving the road I'm on almost doubles back and the tag was reporting me gone and back and then gone again. I had to set things a bit higher to avoid all the events doubling up.

I've really liked RFID tags in the cars but it took a fair amount of playing with receiver placement, tag types, and playing with the setup to get things to work like i wanted. At the starting stage and until you get things as you want them you're probably better off with test events that don't drive you nuts.
                  Marty
                  ------

Comment

Re rfid setup

Hello nightwalker,

thanks for the tips and tricks.. I will put into practice and carry on testing..

ill let yoy know the results

rgds vic1743

Comment

Working...
                    X