Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Status tracking images for normal and pressed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status tracking images for normal and pressed.

Can someone please help me out here?

I'd like to do status tracking for images based on some condition. I've got it working fine for music to players current state. Using the values of 1, 2, and 3 I map to images for stop, play and pause. This works great for normal non pressed button images.

I'd like to create pressed button state for each image, but it seems you only have one dictionary pair to map the graphics to a status.

The designer allows for StatusTrackingPressed, but that pretty much seems useless unless you are tracking a different property all together.

I can't map words to images, only words to colors.

Does any of this make sense?
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Does any of this make sense?
    Kind of...

I'm sure that StatusTrackingPressed is a new addition, i've never seen it before - and no matter what I try and put in the box it shows nothing in the StatusTrackingPressed box. It appears undocumented aswell.

But what you are trying do is three images status tracked to one device and have three pressed images that display based on the original image? Like;

Status Value #1 -> Pressed Graphic #1
    Status Value #2 -> Pressed Graphic #2

etc etc then i'm not sure its possible, I have a button status tracked to a value and I select a screen when you press it, but it does not have a pressed state and I think that the status tracking over rides any ImagePressed fields...

Comment

basically...

StatusTrackingNormal:
      Status Value #1 -> Normal Graphic #1
      Status Value #2 -> Normal Graphic #2
      Status Value #3 -> Normal Graphic #3

StatusTrackingPressed:
      Status Value #1 -> Pressed Graphic #1
      Status Value #2 -> Pressed Graphic #2
      Status Value #3 -> Pressed Graphic #3

I'm able to make something sort of work... I'm using statustrackingpressed assigned to value instead of graphic. The graphic turns off completely when pressed, and I have a pressed graphic under that button which is locked to background. It's a real hack, and a real pain in the butt, and it's still not right.

I feel like the status images and status colors associations should be separate lists for normal and pressed.... or should have a checkbox in the "HSTouchDesigner.StatusImage properties:" area designating if that match applies to pressed or normal.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Yes, that does seem to be something missing. I've just lived with not having the pressed image when I am using the statusimages collection. I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. Here are a couple random thoughts that may or may not be applicable. You can change images with actions, maybe there is a technique that could help. If you are doing this because you want to change images for a transport (play, pause, etc.) there are transport fonts. That way you could use a generic button and just change the text which is really an image. Another thought is to have multiple separate buttons with pressed/unpressed buttons and show/hide them based on actions.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
          Yes, that does seem to be something missing. I've just lived with not having the pressed image when I am using the statusimages collection. I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. Here are a couple random thoughts that may or may not be applicable. You can change images with actions, maybe there is a technique that could help. If you are doing this because you want to change images for a transport (play, pause, etc.) there are transport fonts. That way you could use a generic button and just change the text which is really an image. Another thought is to have multiple separate buttons with pressed/unpressed buttons and show/hide them based on actions.
          Why does everything require a creative workaround?

Can I put a call to the developers to actually USE their own product. Sit down with a professional graphic designer for a few days, teach them how to use this software, and really create the interface that all of us are trying to do. Let the designer know it's okay to complain, and ask what when where why and how.

Any time you find yourself looking for a workaround, it means that it's a missing feature, broken functionality, or bug. I think the struggles of using this designer feel pretty much like trying to put a square block in a round hole...
          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Reviving this thread... has this ever been fixed? If I use the StatusTrackingPressed function, the normal image remains (looks just like the unpressed image). If I leave the StatusTrackingPressed function blank, the image disappears when pressing it (which I guess is better than keeping the same normal image)... but this is not really a professional solution.

It would be great if there was the ability to indicate the pressed images for Status Tracking.

The funny thing is in the Designer itself, it simulates the pressed image properly (because I have it defined in the ImagePressed setup. But, when deploying on both Windows and Android, it ignores the ImagePressed setup and only looks at the image defined in the StatusImages field.

Basically, we need two fields... StatusImagesNormal and StatusImagesPressed.

Comment

I think I found a viable workaround. Sad we need to use a workaround but this one isn't too bad (for my needs)...

I set up a virtual status only device which has the pressed image associated to it. In HSTouch, I then used the "StatusTrackingPressed" function and associated it to this virtual device.

That way, when the button is not pressed, it displays the Normal StatusTracking image (based upon the main device) and when the button is pressed, it displays this pressed imaged (based upon the virtual device).

Not ideal but it works. Just makes HSTouch have to work a little harder because it is checking the status of this virtual device every time I press the button.

Comment

Working...
              X