Using Scripting... HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Scripting... HELP!

Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to use the IFTTT plugin, Launch Center Pro and iBeacons to track occupancy in my home. I have been able to get Launch Center and iBeacons to work together without issue and it is pretty cool. I have also gotten an IFTTT trigger working, but now I need to be able to integrate it into Homeseer. What I would like to do is be able to pass parameters into a script to set home occupancy status, or even room occupancy status.

Currently I have 4 RadBeacon iBeacons for that I am using for testing. I have the UUID defined the same for all, the Major defined the same for all, and the Minor assigned uniquely for each one to define where they are located in the house.

I am able to get Lauch Center Pro to fire a IFTTT trigger as I "enter" or "leave" an iBeacon area. I have also started toying with the the transmit power of each iBeacon to limit its trigger area. Overall this is pretty robust as things run in the background on my iPhone. I am also toying with the idea of adding iBeacons to our vehicles and using the iPad I have in the mud room and foyer to "sense" them as they pull into the driveway to track the vehicles occupancy as well.

Here is what I want to be able to do.
    Setup IFTTT trigger(s) on our iPhones to create a text file with the variables
    $ifttt_who - This would be defined by a person (or vehicle)
    $ifttt_location - This would be for home or away or maybe something else
    $ifttt_room - This would be used in the future for what room someone is in based on iBeacons

What I need is the Homeseer script language to read this into virtual devices that I create. Ideally I would be able to set the device as a variable in the script and set the device value so it would look like

device_name = "My Location"
    Define the device using a variable = "{{$ifttt_who}} Location"
    $ifttt_location = {{Home}} or {{Away}}

That way I could pass {{My}}, {{Wife's}}, {{Kid's}}, etc along with the "where" in the IFTTT text file and define the device and location

Same thing for a room device

device_name = "My Room"
    Define the device using a variable = "{{$ifttt_who}} Room"
    $ifttt_room = {{Kitchen}}

I am a complete idiot when it comes to scripting, but any assistance would be appreciated.
Working...
X