No announcement yet.

New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This plugin is only for HS3 but there is another one called BeakerRain which is for HS2. I think there is a BeakerRain version for HS2 and for HS3 but I think he stopped developing the HS3 one and I think it only works with old firmware 2.0.4. You may have the same issue with the HS2 one not supporting the newer firmware. in any case, it's not difficult to set up a few scripts to do what you want. Just download the OpenSprinkler API documentation and you will see how easy it is.

Comment

Thanks for the information. My Opensprinkler arrived today and I will be installing it soon along with getting it working with Homeseer v3.

Comment

Hi Matt,

I like to use your "old" icons in your last release .
        Is it possible to use these ?

Regards,
        Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
          Hi Matt,

I like to use your "old" icons in your last release .
          Is it possible to use these ?

Regards,
          Fischi
          I'll make up a temporary solution next monday. Going forward I plan to use the new look homeseer icons.

I've submitted the new version 2.1.5.17 to the updater today - should show up shortly. I had found a bug where the master station was constantly updating which was disrupting another event I was trying to build to detect a dry or blocked in pump. Took me about 4 hours to find and fix!!!

Misraels - if you are still seeing the issues with devices updating with no change then you certainly shouldn't see it anymore.

Comment

Mattyjee,

How do we load the plugin the first time. I am on Linux and I don't see it in the listing of available plugins. . .

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
            I'll make up a temporary solution next monday. Going forward I plan to use the new look homeseer icons.

I've submitted the new version 2.1.5.17 to the updater today - should show up shortly. I had found a bug where the master station was constantly updating which was disrupting another event I was trying to build to detect a dry or blocked in pump. Took me about 4 hours to find and fix!!!

Misraels - if you are still seeing the issues with devices updating with no change then you certainly shouldn't see it anymore.

Comment

Not sure why it wouldn't show up - I can see it on my computer. I remember when I first submitted it you had to say whether it was linux compatible or not and I may have said no at the time. I'll chase this up with Homeseer.

In the mean time I'll describe how to do a manual install (assuming its the same for linux). If you're on the Zee then you're out of luck - the Zee doesn't take third party plugins.

1) Open the attached zip file
              2) From the Homeseer directory, create a new folder under \html\Images called OpenSprinkler
              3) Copy all the .png/.jpg images into \html\Images\OpenSprinkler
              4) Copy the .ini file into \config
              5) Copy the .exe file into the Homeseer directory

Go to the manage tab within the web client and the application should show up as installed. You can now run it and go to the configuration tab and enter the required details. Make sure you have assigned a static IP to the Opensprinkler. I suggest a poll interval of 2-5 seconds.

If you have any issues, make sure to turn on debug logging, then stop and restart the plugin and send me the log entries.

I've never personally tried the plugin on linux but I'm told it works after I made some changes a while back.
              Attached Files

Comment

^
                And after you've done that, replace the .exe file in the above post with the one in this post. I've fixed some more bugs I discovered:

1) Programs enabled/disabled status was offset by 1 (eg program 3 disabled would show up as program 2 disabled)
                2) Changing program enable/disable would overwrite the program name.

And finally for Fischi - if you want to use the old icons, add a single line to the .ini file that says:
                Icons=Old
                and next time you restart the plugin the old Icons will come back. It usually takes a device change for the old icons to show up again.

New version is 2.1.5.21. I'll get this one in the updater ( since .17 isn't up yet) and make sure it shows up for linux servers.

Cheers.
                Matt.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mattyjee; July 6, 2015, 04:31 AM.

Comment

I thought I saw the link in this post earlier, but not seeing it now?

^
                  And after you've done that, replace the .exe file in the above post with the one in this post. I've fixed some more bugs I discovered:

1) Programs enabled/disabled status was offset by 1 (eg program 3 disabled would show up as program 2 disabled)

And finally for Fischi - if you want to use the old icons, add a single line to the .ini file that says:
                  Icons=Old
                  and next time you restart the plugin the old Icons will come back. It usually takes a device change for the old icons to show up again.

New version is 2.1.5.21. I'll get this one in the updater ( since .17 isn't up yet) and make sure it shows up for linux servers.

Cheers.
                  Matt.

Comment

Install and enabled. . .it doesn't seem like anything got created. . .a bunch of errors. I don't have .21 yet, but will need to test more again later.

Comment

Debug log is essential for working out problems. Send to me and I'll interpret.
                      I also re-attached v21.

Comment

Debug log is essential for working out problems. Send to me and I'll interpret.
                        I also re-attached v21.
                        Wow. Was gone for the weekend and kept forgetting to try re-enabling. I re-enabled tonight and left and forgot about it. It appears that the devices got created this time. It looks like there is some Windows vs. Linux tweaking that needs to be done. The OFF image doesn't display because it is OS_Off.png in the filesystem and the plugin is calling OS_off.png. Also, even though the paths work for the other images, they look strange. . .my guess it is the \ (instead of / on linux).

This is how Firefox shows it: http://x.x.x.x/%5Cimages%5COpenSprinkler%5COS_off.png

I still haven't figured out how to make sense of the order the devices are displayed in (all the extra disabled zones and missing image might be what is confusing me). . .I have names on my programs, but it just says Program 2 for the running device's status. I have an expansion board and have most of all the internal connections disabled. . .is there a config option to hide those in HS as well (hidden in OS app). Also, something listing the current firmware version would be nice.

I'll rename that image and give it a bit more study. Let me know if you need anything tested on Linux.

Comment

Also got to updating to 2.1.5.21 manually. Now most all the graphics are broken (probably because I am still on .182 of HS3) and you switched the icons being used. I haven't tried an upgrade since moving to Linux and I need to verify if the update script from the Zee can be tweaked to work with the Linux version. I put in the ini file setting and the images are still broken. It looks like the images need to be moved to a status folder instead of the OpenSprinkler subfolder of images?

^

Icons=Old

Cheers.
                          Matt.

Comment

I'm away at work at the moment so no time to look at it until after next weekend but I'll add a switch to hide (not create) disabled stations and look at the other linux problems.

I'd appreciate a copy of your log file when you startup the plugin to help me troubleshoot.

Cheers.

Comment

So enable checkbox to write all to HS log? Or is there another?

Comment

Yep, thats the one.

Comment

Working...
                                X