Verifying NX-584e Enrollment and Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verifying NX-584e Enrollment and Settings

I'm looking for help to verify my NX-584e is configured correctly to communicate with the Caddx plug in. I sent an email to Rien, but while waiting for a response I thought I'd ask this group to help troubleshooting with the module.

I'm a reasonably technical guy, but totally new at alarm programming so I need some very basic instructions. I had my alarm guy install the module in an NX-8V2, but he seemed to not be sure what he was doing.

Could someone either 1) provide instructions on how I can verify that its correctly configured (basic instructions please); or 2) point me to instructions where I can start over?

I gave the alarm guy the printout from here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=99873

Thanks for your help.

tried this

http://www.turn-n-burn.com/DestinyNe...ty_Systems.htm

I tried connecting via terminal as indicated in the link above, and didnt get a response.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I emailed you directly, but wanted to answer here too, to help solve future problems based on earlier reports of other users.
      As far as I can see, it seems that you cannot communicate with the panel. So this can be caused by many reasons.
      - Not correctly configured NX-584
      - Incorrect com port
      - Some USB to serial cables seems to be not working, based on earlier reports of users.(Try another one)
      - Wrong baudrate

By the way, the NX-8 V2 does have a com port on the panel itself right, there is no need for a NX584E.

So please have the NX584 or the onboard com port configured and test with the DL900 software.
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Was able to connect

After some significant trial and error... I was able to connect to the plug-in. Here's what worked:

Jumper Configuration
        - J7 position A (default)
        - J9 position B (default)
        - J10 position B (switched from default)
        - J8 position A (switched from default)

Location 0; Option 1; Set to 0 (Binary)

Also, I do want to confirm that the NX-8V2 does NOT have an onboard serial connection, and the NX-584E is required.

Comment

Working...
        X