Kinect 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinect 2.0

Was wondering if there were any plans for Kinect 2.0 with the Xbox One Kinect?

yes it's on my TODO list, but I'm not sure when it will be ready.

Comment

Any news on this? Would you be able to use the IR transmitter in the kinect for XB one?

Comment

No timeframe yet, sorry.

When I will do it, my first goal will be to replicate all the features that already exist in the current plugin. Then I will add Kinect 2 specific features. Regarding the use of the IR transmitter, I could not find anything like this in the microsoft kinect 2 API, so I'm not sure it's possible.

Comment

Hey Spud -

How about a checkbox, or even a trigger, to put the Kinect into IR Mode - I believe the SDK has an "easy" method for this for the 1st Gen Kinect? (So asking for that now, not for Kinect 2)

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
            Hey Spud -

How about a checkbox, or even a trigger, to put the Kinect into IR Mode - I believe the SDK has an "easy" method for this for the 1st Gen Kinect? (So asking for that now, not for Kinect 2)
            What do you mean exactly by "put the Kinect in IR mode". The SDK has some method to get frames from the IR camera but what would you do with it?

Comment

Basically, Nightvision - Since I use the kinects to take pictures for a backup security (I have 1080p cameras as well) but since they are connected, it can get some IR pictures... Not a huge deal, but was just a thought. I have a request Im going to add to the main request thread now, for a different item.

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
                Basically, Nightvision - Since I use the kinects to take pictures for a backup security (I have 1080p cameras as well) but since they are connected, it can get some IR pictures... Not a huge deal, but was just a thought. I have a request Im going to add to the main request thread now, for a different item.
                I guess I could add a "Take IR Picture" action event

Comment

in version 3.0.0.42 I have added the possibility to get the Infrared stream instead of the standard RGB stream. Same thing from the "Take picture" action:

Click image for larger version

Name:	imageformat.png
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1184426

Click image for larger version

Name:	takepicture.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1184427

Comment

Hey Spud,

Any chance you could make the Image Format selectable as an event action so I could switch the output between IR and RGB? Thinking about switching the output to IR below certain lux and then back to RGB when it goes above.

cheers,

ShimmerNZ

Comment

XBOX ONE

Is the XBOX ONE version ready yet or do you have an expected Beta, release date?

Thanks

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by edwilloughby View Post
                        Is the XBOX ONE version ready yet or do you have an expected Beta, release date?

Thanks

Ed
                        no expected Beta or release date planed yet, I have to buy one first . My raw estimate would be end of summer.

if you are eager to test the kinect plugin, I would advise to buy a kinect for Xbox 360 on ebay or similar ($30ish)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
                          Hey Spud,

Any chance you could make the Image Format selectable as an event action so I could switch the output between IR and RGB? Thinking about switching the output to IR below certain lux and then back to RGB when it goes above.

cheers,

ShimmerNZ
                          will do

Comment

in version 3.0.0.43 available here, I have added a "Change Camera Image Format" action

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              no expected Beta or release date planed yet, I have to buy one first . My raw estimate would be end of summer.

if you are eager to test the kinect plugin, I would advise to buy a kinect for Xbox 360 on ebay or similar ($30ish)
                              Spud,
                              did you get a Kinect <V2|One> yet?
                              I'd be willing to get one and send it your way to get the ball rolling?
                              -Stephen

Comment

Working...
                              X