Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Child_Roman View Post
    Yesterday, i was looking for a good way to handle event notification to my iWatch(wanted too know if someone is at the frontdoor. This is easely possible with the app pushover and an node.js interface. It know gives me notifications with even different sounds(on iPhone). It also works on android and M$. If you want to know more just ask.
    I use Prowl from events to send me selected notifications. But I was wondering about status updates in general so I can see the states of all my devices from an iOS HomeKit app without requiring events for each device.

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
      Is it possible to control Homeseer events or only devices.
      You can trigger events however they are thought of as scenes in the homekit system, for me the voice syntax is just saying the name of the scene/event.

Comment

Two things:

1.) Do you plan on adding the name of the floor and room to the device name?

2.) It would be nice to be able to add events. Any way to do that even with the device work around? Something like this:
        {
        "eventGroup": "My group",
        "eventName": "My event",
        }

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
        It's in the documentation

After you have installed the NodeJS based Homekit Bridge and installed en a
        enabled the plugin, you simply edit any device and go to the JsonConfigForHomekit tab.
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Sure, this is on my list..
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
            You can trigger events however they are thought of as scenes in the homekit system, for me the voice syntax is just saying the name of the scene/event.
            You mean creating a scene in the Eve app and adding the devices you want to the scene correct. I'm looking to control actual HS events. The reason I want to do it with HS events is because some of my devices are being controlled with scripts and not plugins so I can't control them directly true Homekit.

Comment

This is possible in a round about way. Stipus has documented in a earlier thread.

This is not yet possible via the plugin user interface.
              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Two of my contacts are inverted. Is it possible to change the properties in terms if values?

Comment

How are you guys naming devices? In HS, I have devices named after FLOOR ROOM DEVICENAME. With HomeKit we need to be smart in terms of how we name everything as there can not be duplicate names anywhere.

Second, with Homekit one can divide or categorize devices into room and zones. I am suspecting (but not 100% certain) that the room names and zone names may be used in the SIRI recognition process.

I am planning on playing around with this, but does someone have any guidance in terms of best practices?

Comment

Rien,

For temperature sensors you should ask whether the value is metric or Fahrenheit as part of the settings. If "F", then you should add the right designator as part of the temp configuration. The following would be correct for fahrenheit:

{
                    "ref": 333,
                    "type": "TemperatureSensor",
                    "temperatureUnit": "F",
                    "name": "Thermostat 01 [Upstairs] Temperature"
                    }

Comment

Error in my log

Hi

I get this message in my log:

Calling ConfigDevice in plugin JsonConfigForHomekit:Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I can enable the plugin (have only one instance) and the error is there when I open the details page for a device and the Homebridge tab is not there.

Any suggestions?

/Mav

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                        How are you guys naming devices? In HS, I have devices named after FLOOR ROOM DEVICENAME. With HomeKit we need to be smart in terms of how we name everything as there can not be duplicate names anywhere.

Second, with Homekit one can divide or categorize devices into room and zones. I am suspecting (but not 100% certain) that the room names and zone names may be used in the SIRI recognition process.

I am planning on playing around with this, but does someone have any guidance in terms of best practices?
                        Using most HomeKit applications, you can create HomeKit rooms, and move devices to rooms. Then you can use the room name in SIRI requests.

For example, I have a HomeKit room named "Living Room", and I can say dim the living room lights... and siri dims all the lights. Or turn off the living room, and siri turns off all living room lights.
                        Same for kitchen, hall, bedroom, corridor ... it's quite nice to be able to switch on all lights in a room from SIRI.

You can also create HomeKit zones, and move rooms to zones. Then you can address all rooms in the zone using the zone-name. If you create a zone called "upstairs", and move all upstair-rooms to that zone, you can tell siri to turn-off upstairs.

You can also create HomeKit scenes... that can run mini scenarios... You can create a HomeKit scene called "good morning": setup your bedroom light to 50%, bathroom to 70%, kitchen to 60% ... etc. Then you can say "good morning" to siri and all commands are processed.
                        Last edited by stipus; January 21, 2016, 06:28 PM.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                          Rien,

For temperature sensors you should ask whether the value is metric or Fahrenheit as part of the settings. If "F", then you should add the right designator as part of the temp configuration. The following would be correct for fahrenheit:

{
                          "ref": 333,
                          "type": "TemperatureSensor",
                          "temperatureUnit": "F",
                          "name": "Thermostat 01 [Upstairs] Temperature"
                          }
                          You're right, I will correct it.
                          Regards,

Rien du Pre
                          The Netherlands
                          Using:
                          Plugin's:
                          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
                            Hi

I get this message in my log:

Calling ConfigDevice in plugin JsonConfigForHomekit:Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I can enable the plugin (have only one instance) and the error is there when I open the details page for a device and the Homebridge tab is not there.

Any suggestions?

/Mav
                            Hi Mav,

IS there a Newtonsoft.Json.dll file in the Homeseer root directory, please rename the file to .ddd or something like that and restart HS.
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                              Hi Mav,

IS there a Newtonsoft.Json.dll file in the Homeseer root directory, please rename the file to .ddd or something like that and restart HS.
                              That did it - now I have the config tab.

Thanks,

/Mav

Comment

Originally posted by michaeldecharon View Post
                                I would love to read more about it
                                Well I did the following (after having node.js for homebridge on my pI):

1) make an account on pushover.net
                                2) Goto apps & plugins on pushover.net and create a new application
                                3) Now you have an API token/key for your app and a user key you are all setup!
                                4) Create a dir on your homeseer machine and do: npm install node-pushover
                                5) Find the pushover.js file ( find / -iname push*.js)
                                6) Edit the file and after:
                                if( arguments.length == 4 ){
                                // (user, title, message, callback)
                                send({
                                token: this.token,
                                user: arg1,
                                title: arg2,
                                }, arg4);
                                }
                                ********** Add:
                                if( arguments.length == 5 ){
                                // (user, title, message, sound, callback)
                                send({
                                token: this.token,
                                user: arg1,
                                title: arg2,
                                sound: arg4
                                }, arg5);
                                }
                                7) make a file called something.js and add the following:

var Pushover = require('node-pushover');
                                var push = new Pushover({
                                token: "YOURAPPTOKEN",
                                });

// A callback function is defined:
                                push.send("YOURUSERTOKEN", "TITLE", "SOMEONES AT THE FRONTDOOR ", "magic", function (err, res){
                                if(err){
                                console.log("We have an error:");
                                console.log(err);
                                console.log(err.stack);
                                }else{
                                console.log("Message send successfully");
                                console.log(res);
                                }
                                });

You can use a different sound then magic:
                                https://pushover.net/api#sounds

8) Make an event in homeseer, which 'runs another program or process':
                                '/usr/local/bin/node' (or the place you have node installed) with parameters:
                                'path to your something.js file'

That's all to it. My event raiser is a gigaset hc450 which is connected to my raspberry gpio.
                                Works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X