Add devices on a different subnet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add devices on a different subnet?

I just got the iTrchP2IR and pretty impressed with this plugin and ease of use.

Just curious, I have a dedicated subnet behind a router/firewall for all my sensor type devices and restrict network access to certain IP spaces. Is there any way to specify the IP address for the device on a different subnet vs having it auto detect? I was able to do this fine with the HS plugin, but couldn't figure out if it's possible with this one. Thanks!

Hello mloebl,

My plug-in was designed to run on a single home network. It uses the Global Cache discovery protocol to determine the list of devices connected to your home network. It won't find the Global Cache devices on a foreign network unless it's configured to forward multicast IP address 239.255.250.250 UDP port 9131 to the local network. You may be able to just get away with forwarding multicast from the foreign network to the local network.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Hello mloebl,

My plug-in was designed to run on a single home network. It uses the Global Cache discovery protocol to determine the list of devices connected to your home network. It won't find the Global Cache devices on a foreign network unless it's configured to forward multicast IP address 239.255.250.250 UDP port 9131 to the local network. You may be able to just get away with forwarding multicast from the foreign network to the local network.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      I'll give this a shot, thanks! Really like this plugin so probably will buy it. Thanks again for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X