Script to send out Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script to send out Notifications

I want to write a script that will take a notification and send out what type of notification it is rather than writing an event for each notification received.

Example:

I have a smoke detector. It has multiple notifications that it might send out. ie. smoke detected, co detected, alarm silenced etc...

Instead of creating multiple events to capture those notifications. I would like one script to captue any notification from the smoke detector and then send out an email with the notification type. Just a Switch/Case statement.

Are there already scripts out there for this? Any better way of doing it? I would hate to recreate the wheel.

Thanks...

Do you have a device that already gives this data real time? If you do, this would be very easy to do. Just have one event that runs the script whenever something changes and then take that value and send it out.

What are you using to send notifications? I do this all the time in scripts, but I use the pushover plugin to send alerts. I have my alarm setup to send me alerts based off triggered zones if armed... amongst many other examples like this.

Give more detail and we can whip something up for you pretty quick.

Comment

Sorry for the late response. I am using the First Alert Smoke/CO detector that Homeseer sells.

It gives me alerts like:
      - Smoke Detected
      - CO Detected
      - Malfunction
      - Silenced

I am using event to send out a text message to my phone.

Comment

Ok if you have a device that already displays this info for you, you should be able to just add a replacement variable to your text message you want to send out.

Comment

I have a script for the ZCombo that does something similar. Let me know if you're interested to look at it and I'll dig it up when I get home tomorrow.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yes, definitely interested. Thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by cpearson88 View Post
              Yes, definitely interested. Thank you...
              Script is attached (save it in the Scripts folder without the .txt extension). If you use the Pushover plugin, the script can use that too and you will need to use the pushover.vb script that is attached as well. If your sensor is not the z-combo, you would need to look at the Status Graphics tab of the notification device for the sensor and adjust the script accordingly. I don't actually have any Z-Combo's myself yet as they are still not available in Canada. The script is based on my Door Lock events script so there may be some terminology in it that refers to doors and locks. Hope it helps. If I ever do get some Z-Combos, I'll release a new version that allows config through a web page, rather than editing the script.

Cheers
              Al
              Attached Files
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Script is attached (save it in the Scripts folder without the .txt extension). If you use the Pushover plugin, the script can use that too and you will need to use the pushover.vb script that is attached as well. If your sensor is not the z-combo, you would need to look at the Status Graphics tab of the notification device for the sensor and adjust the script accordingly. I don't actually have any Z-Combo's myself yet as they are still not available in Canada. The script is based on my Door Lock events script so there may be some terminology in it that refers to doors and locks. Hope it helps. If I ever do get some Z-Combos, I'll release a new version that allows config through a web page, rather than editing the script.

Cheers
                Al
                Does this pushover script work with the latest version of pushover plugin? I get pushover messages using the plugin, but when i use the pushover script....nothing

Comment

Sparkman, thank you for the updating the pushover script above. Works great!

Comment

Working...
                  X