Please need help with NodeMCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please need help with NodeMCU

Edit: I was able to get it to work. Is this card still an option or you prefer another card, I would like to buy some more. I also noticed that after few minutes it drops connection.

I purchased this model from Amazon. Long story short, I tried to configure it from the HomeSeer server unfortunately it does not recognize the Com port. So I installed the Arduino 1.8.1 on my desktop, configured it with the right libraries and sketch. I uploaded the configuration file other than this error below. Now I can not ping the device and the blue light is off on the NodeMCU. Could it be that I'm using the wrong hardware? Can you suggest the card that you use? Any other suggestions if this card is fine?

WARNING: library LiquidCrystal_I2C claims to run on [avr] architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on [esp8266] architecture(s).

HiLetgo New Version NodeMCU LUA WiFi Internet ESP8266 Development
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks,
    Aldo
    Last edited by alphatech; May 14, 2017, 12:31 PM.

Originally posted by aldo View Post
    WARNING: library LiquidCrystal_I2C claims to run on [avr] architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on [esp8266] architecture(s).
    This message can be ignored (see previous questions on the board) I can confirm the LCD driver works (with the version mismatch) with a 20x4 display with I2C module connected to the NodeMCU

Comment

Thanks, I'm trying to read as many posts as I can to get up to speed and I have missed it. As you may know I'm new to Arduino and eager to learn. Thanks for your reply, more of these to come, please forgive me if some are basic for your guys.

Aldo

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
      This message can be ignored (see previous questions on the board) I can confirm the LCD driver works (with the version mismatch) with a 20x4 display with I2C module connected to the NodeMCU

Comment

No problem, that's what the board is for. Post your questions without any hesitation, it will help everybody!

(PS. I was referring to the previous post for some more background)

Comment

Thanks, so far I had great experience with all of you on this board, Greig spent on few emails with me trying to setup the Arduino, I'm sure I will take on the offer :-) Right now trying to get the HC-SR04 working. I will post more info on the post previously opened by me few weeks back.

On a similar note, do any of you use a case for these boards. I would like to implement one of them for the sump pump but I do not want to leave it naked in the pump.

Aldo

Comment

Working...
          X