Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a RF device.

Hello.

I got this interface and I am testing the plugin.
    All seems to work just fine except I when I tried to add a window sensor that is not connected to the alarm panel.
    I have a 20p panel.

At the window to add I have a drop down list for zone that is empty. It is my unterstanding that there should be the zone numbers already included?

It does add the sensor as an device but it changes only one time when activated.

Looking at the log file from home seer I can see the different status messages from the sensor for tripped, normal and tamper.

However, the device never changes.

Also, the devices automatically done by the app for battery low doesn't seem to react when I disconnect the battery from the alarm panel.
    Shouldn't this report as battery low?

Thanks for the help.

to register an RF device that is not registered as a zone in the panel, you need to register it as an RF Device in the plugin. You need the serial number (not the zone #) and the loop number (1 to 4) of the device to register it. the serial number should be on a sticker on the device and it usually starts with an A. don't enter the A, just the digits.

how long did you have the battery disconnected? did the plugin log any messages related to 'low battery'?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hello Mark,

my mistake was that i used loop 1.
      loop 1 is for the wired contact in the sensor.
      i needed to use loop 2 for the reed switch.

i can see now the reed switch open and close.

i can not see when the tamper switch is activated ( housing removed).
      i cant test the battery status but i guess its not working either.

when i go to the settings page in homeseer for the device i can see under "advanced" the status and the value of the device.
      the status is set to "1" when all normal
      the status is set to "2" when reed contact open.

when i activate the tamper switch the status and value doesn't change.

i can see the changes in the homeseer log file.

for "all normal" i see "serialnumber,80
      for reed switch open "serialnumber,a0
      for tamper switch open, reed switch closed "serialnumber,c0
      for tamper switch open, reed switch open "serialnumber,e0

the switch is a Linear HONDWA01 switch

i have to say that the status changes within a second when i activate or deactivate the reed switch.
      this is great.

thanks for the help

rainer

Comment

I haven't implemented the tamper switch (Check) status for RF Ddevices

i'll see if i get the same results with mine.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hello mark.

Thank you for looking I to this.
          Would be nice to have working since the sensor's provide this data.

What do I need to do if I want to use both loops?
          I don't think I can add the same serial number twice.

Rainer

Comment

You can register another rf device with the same serial number and different loop

I'll have to test further on the temper switch. I haven't had much luck with it in the past.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Rainer,

if you want to monitor the tamper switch, you can add another RF device to the plugin to monitor Loop 4 (in this case). Each loop must be registered as a separate RF device. Turns out each sensor/device type may use a different Loop # to monitor the tamper switch.

if you want to monitor all of these loops as one hs device, you need to register the sensor as a zone, and then monitor the zone with the plugin.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hello Mark.

Thanks for looking into this.
                I am traveling right now but I will give it a go on the weekend when I am back home.
                Then I can also test the battery low message and power loss message.

Thanks again for he quick help.

Rainer

Comment

Working...
                X