Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Port Forwarding Homeseer Device Utility Page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port Forwarding Homeseer Device Utility Page?

When port forwarding the homeseer device utility page do you forward port 80. Would start address be 80 and ending address be 80? IP address would be IP Address of utility page? Would all this be correct?

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    When port forwarding the homeseer device utility page do you forward port 80. Would start address be 80 and ending address be 80? IP address would be IP Address of utility page? Would all this be correct?
    The whole HS3 webserver is running on port 80 by default. That means ALL pages comes through port 80.

Honestly I DO NOT recommend setting up port forwarding unless you know what you're doing security wise and have SSL already setup/enabled and have good boundary detection/logging already in place for your system. Opening up a port these days on your firewall is really asking for problems.

Alternatives:

1. Use the MyHS service. So far I have not found something I can't do with it.

2. If MyHS doesn't work for you for some reason then setup a VPN server and use that for accessing your network remotely.

Comment

Working...
    X