No announcement yet.

SonosController Plugin General Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just installed V1.0.0.42 and once again had to re-register as the installation had reverted to the "trial" again.

This time I made certain to save the upgrade with HSprotect so I will be interested to see if the next update (V1.0.0.43??) retains my registration details or if I will again have to re-input them.

I will report back.

PS - Thanks for the rapid rollout of improvements.

Comment

Good Morning

Just installed 42 how can i clear this err also the asp page still does not display the cover art but is display on the stat screen even after i refresh thank Robert

OSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
      11/16/2010 6:21:30 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
      11/16/2010 6:21:30 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
      11/16/2010 6:21:22 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
      11/16/2010 6:21:22 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
      11/16/2010 6:21:22 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
      11/16/2010 6:21:21 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
      11/16/2010 6:21:21 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
      11/16/2010 6:21:21 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
      11/16/2010 6:21:15 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
      11/16/2010 6:21:15 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
      11/16/2010 6:21:15 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
      11/16/2010 6:21:14 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
      11/16/2010 6:21:14 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
      11/16/2010 6:21:14 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
      11/16/2010 6:21:13 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
      11/16/2010 6:21:13 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
      11/16/2010 6:21:13 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
      11/16/2010 6:21:12 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
      11/16/2010 6:21:12 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
      11/16/2010 6:21:12 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
      11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
      11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
      11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
      11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
      11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
      11/16/2010 6:21:11 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Load called
      11/16/2010 6:21:09 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.
      11/16/2010 6:21:09 AM SONOSCONTROLLER LibLoading called for Zone - Isa Room
      11/16/2010 6:21:09 AM SONOSCONTROLLER Page_Lo

Comment

Originally posted by Wingo View Post
        Just installed 42 how can i clear this err also the asp page still does not display the cover art but is display on the stat screen even after i refresh thank Robert

OSCONTROLLER Error getting ZoneName. Error: Public member 'ZoneName' on type 'HSMusicAPI' not found.

Go to the hsroot\html\SonosController subdirectory. Open the SonosControllerMusicPage.aspx file with a regular wordpad or notepad editor.

Search for :
        ZoneName = MusicAPI.ZoneName
        Replace with
        ZoneName = MusicAPI.ZonePlayerName

Save your changes.

I'll have the file updated in next beta or find a new aspx attached.

Dirk
        Last edited by dcorsus; November 17, 2010, 02:46 PM. Reason: removed attachement, more recent available few posts below

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Lankester View Post
          I have just installed V1.0.0.42 and once again had to re-register as the installation had reverted to the "trial" again.

This time I made certain to save the upgrade with HSprotect so I will be interested to see if the next update (V1.0.0.43??) retains my registration details or if I will again have to re-input them.
          Toby,

I keep my fingers crossed but I'm not sure what the problem is. I typically upgrade my installs by overwriting the DLL, but this time around I made it a point to use the installer on my development PC (Vista) and HomeSeer PC (Win 7) and had absolutely no problems (apart from the fact that I noted I had packaged in the wrong version of DLL in v1.0.0.41) with the license.

I also uninstalled the prior versions and never had any errors from HS about license.

So best of luck and report back if using the HSProtect did the trick.

Dirk

Comment

Hi there that seemed to clear the error but I still do not have any image beside the empty jewel case any thoughts.......tried to refresh etc no luck

Thank You

Robert

Comment

Hi there that seemed to clear the error but I still do not have any image beside the empty jewel case any thoughts.......tried to refresh etc no luck

Thank You

Robert

Hey Robert,

do you have album art at all? If you go to the HS Device Status page, do you see album art there? If you don't see any album art then I'd suggest you turn debug on, take some traces by switching to different sources that have album art on your controller and email me in private the log.

Here is a run down of what works and what doesn't:

• If the Sonos controller doesn't show album art, then neither will the plug-in because it means that album art is not available. For example, if you play off your home library and it doesn't have album art, then no app will show any. Docked iPods in a WD100 Wireless dock also have no album art.

• The plug-in uses the exact URL that is provided by Sonos to retrieve the album art, if for whatever reason there is an access right or privelige issue, the album art will be missing. As an example, I've noted that some internet radio stations tend to come in through a replication content provider like an Akamai and I haven't figured out why the server is refusing to provide the album art.

• The Music page under HS, the problem I have with that is that it doesn't support dynamic updates, as I wrote somewhere else, it is almost a 100% copy of what HS provides. So when the page is rendered, if the album art is still being pulled down by the plug-in, the album art could be missing. Especially when you hit track selects via that page, the info might not be up to date. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it. The reason it is not high on my list of things to improve has in fact to do with that my first priority was to get HS Touch working and there from all the tests I've done, it is rock solid. Other problem with the web page is, if you hit refresh, it will do exactly what you did before, that means if you clicked on a track or play, doing the refresh does it again and you are still not any further

Hopes it helps a bit to let you know what you can expect to work, in hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have added the webpage as it is not meeting people's expectation, thought it was a great way for hobbyists, who most of the folks who are messing around with home automation systems are, to give them a vehicle to create their own extensions.

Maybe the new HS3 will make use of .NET v4 and I can throw in a bunch of AJAX extensions and provide a really great experience or perhaps via Silverlight. Any takers out there ??

Dirk

Comment

HS3...? bring it on. I am so done with the current UI, I still remember the days of HS, for me that was so much better...I understand the logic of going to a .Net framework, but the HS2 interface seems very old-school now.

anyway, that's a bit OT, so back on topic...am I the only one having issues with keeing HSSpeaker functional? It never actually crashes on me, and it claims to be speaking stuff in it's own log, but it rarely does. The only way to fix it is to change the voice back to one of the crappy Microsoft ones, hit test a few times until it starts speaking, then go back to the good voice (AT&T Chrystal 16bit). Then it'll stick for a while, but after less than a day the whole thing just stops again.

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite8314 View Post
                  ...am I the only one having issues with keeing HSSpeaker functional? It never actually crashes on me, and it claims to be speaking stuff in it's own log, but it rarely does. The only way to fix it is to change the voice back to one of the crappy Microsoft ones, hit test a few times until it starts speaking, then go back to the good voice (AT&T Chrystal 16bit). Then it'll stick for a while, but after less than a day the whole thing just stops again.
                  Allow me to share my limited experience. I had HS running as a service for a while and half the time the speaker wouldn't work either, although I could see in it's log the text showing up that it was supposed to speak. Couldn't figure it out but I did notice in the task manager that there were two instances of speaker running. So my conclusion was (and maybe this is a pointer although I wouldn't know how the type of voice would make a difference) that the output port was grabed by the other instance (or other app) and therefore the speak output would not go anywhere. It was really strange because the speaker wouldn't output anything but using Mediaplayer would work.

Have since then running the HS app as normal app, which translated means, I start it up manually after any restart of the PC. Problem went away.

Suggest that when it stops working (or when it is still working) try to play Media player or iTunes and see of there is a cause and effect, or perhaps any of those windows generated sounds whether they hose up the speaker app.

End of my limited experience

Dirk

Comment

Hi there Dirk

yes i do have art in the stat page and it stopped working when you changed the path thing and I have it in the controller....If that helps thanks for the look.....Please do not drop the page support as it is the big reason I got the plugin

Thank You

Robert

Comment

and it stopped working when you changed the path thing and I have it in the controller
                      Now that would be unacceptable, wouldn't it. Just so I have it straight, it stopped all together after the changes I made or it just stopped working for the web-page? I have an idea that I'll try tonight to make sure that the art work is downloaded (that is the change I made) before I render the page

Please do not drop the page support as it is the big reason I got the plugin
                      I guess a reason more to get that sucker working properly then

Any bright web designers out there with suggestions? I think it is easy to refresh the page frequently but I always felt those implementations were a pain in the ***. What I need is something like AJAX so I can just refresh a part of the screen (only album art and track/artist info), but I couldn't figure out how to make AJAX extensions work with HS2 and .NET v2. If your Music DB is large, refreshing the screen and downloading all the track/album/artist/... info is just un-wielding and therefore I think building in a x sec refresh is going to drive users nuts.

Stay tuned

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

OMG just the web page the stat page is just fine it is that ( XXZXXSDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! asp thing you love so much ......

Comment

OMG just the web page the stat page is just fine it is that ( XXZXXSDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! asp thing you love so much ......

Found bug I caused when I changed the whole album art URL stuff.

Find attached a zip file with two .aspx files.

Unzip in temp directory.

Copy Art.aspx to hsroot\html\SonosController\Images

That should fix the album art problem.

Added a new SonosControllerMusicPage.aspx. Copy this file in hs root directory\html\SonosController

Cleaned up the look of the buttons, and if you have a WD100 you should be able to start playing podcasts and audiobooks, although I haven't tested this (webpage) part thoroughly.

I would post a new Installer file but for some mysterious reason is the tool not cooperating and I can't currently build a new installer package. Going to read my book and to bed ....

Dirk
                          Last edited by dcorsus; November 21, 2010, 11:38 PM. Reason: New Beta posted w/ all fixes included. Removed aspx files

Comment

So I just pulled this down tonight to try it out and I must be doing something wrong because I cannot get the plugin to show up in HS at all. I have tried installing it from the download link here as well as through the Updater in HS. I have HSPro 2.5.0.1 running on Win 2008 R2 with .Net 3.5 and all updates installed. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                              So I just pulled this down tonight to try it out and I must be doing something wrong because I cannot get the plugin to show up in HS at all. I have tried installing it from the download link here as well as through the Updater in HS. I have HSPro 2.5.0.1 running on Win 2008 R2 with .Net 3.5 and all updates installed. Any thoughts?
                              A while back there was someone else who struggled big time with the installer not sure whether he figured out what was wrong but the suspicion was that HS was installed under a specific user account rather than root (or admin or for all users). He found the files under the speaker client directory and he thought that at one point in time he had downloaded the speaker client only and messed up some path settings in the registry.

HS and its plug-in run under .NET 2.0 but I think 3.5 is backward compatible with 2.0 and I don't think that should influence install.

Check in your HS root directory whether you can find the hspi_sonoscontroller.dll file. If it is not there, see if you can find it somewhere else. You should also find a new subdirectory under <hs root>\html\sonoscontroller .. check whether that sub directory was created. The plug-in uses an installer package provided by HomeSeer and it makes use of the registry settings to determine where HS is installed and subsequently works off that.

Here is what HS wrote back then

The installer installs the plugin to the path that is saved in the registry for HS. HS writes one registry entry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HomeSeer Technologies\HomeSeer 2\Installdir

See if you can find where the files are stored (you can use a dos command. Assuming you use your C: drive
                              CD C:\
                              DIR hspi_sonoscontroller.dll /s )

Was there anything special to your HS install? Do other plug-ins install OK?

Hope this helps, else post results here

Dirk

Comment

OK, so just to be sure I uninstalled the plug in and then restarted Homeseer under my account. I then ran the updater an dput 1.0.47 back on and then restarted homeseer again. All the files appear to show up correctly at c:\Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HSPRO\ except that I do not find an ini file anywhere. I see the HSPI_sonoscontroller.dll get registered at startup of Homeseer and the InstallDir registry key is showing the proper path at
                                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\HomeSeer Technologies\HomeSeer 2\Installdir

But in the Homeseer interface I see nothing about the Sonos plugin anywhere, its not listed under Interfaces and its not listed in the Plug-Ins page.

I will try installing some other plug-ins shortly and let you know how those go.

Comment

Working...
                                X