Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only issue I really have is it shows really old programs that don't exist. Like I did a fresh install of the plugin and my ISY has nothing in it, no programs, variables, etc, however the plugin shows 4 programs on there that aren't on the ISY, like "Turn off master bathroom light after 20 minutes" a program that I haven't had on the ISY in months. Not a huge deal but weird that it pulls those when they aren't in the ISY.

Comment

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post
      I'm sorry I thought I had replied to this! I did get it working and it did work great. Where I'm torn is if I want to pay for Mark's plugin for native support or stick with the ISY. Mark's plugin does work well but I've had a few wonky issues and am nervous because it's not HomeSeer that made it, where as the ISY is made for Insteon out of the box. On the flip side if you stop your plugin then I'm stuck with an expensive ISY for nothing! But I guess better than if Mark stops his as at least I can use the ISY.
      I think that both Mark and I have been working on our respective plug-in's for about the same length of time. Mark has done a great job keeping his up-to-date.

I noticed that my Z-Wave lights all added to HomeSeer as well which was nice. Not sure about locks or other things as I have a Z-Wave USB stick on HS3 already so no real need.
      When using an ISY along with a software HA solution you do have some redundancy. The ISY can do a lot of the same things that you get with HA software so you do have to decide where you want the capability to reside. It's not just Z-Wave but most of the ISY modules, like the weather module or power monitoring module can also be done with HomeSeer plug-in's.

Going to give it a try once more as I have a few days left on the trial for Mark's plugin. I'm just so nervous January might roll around and you might disappear and then the plugin expires and I'm stuck!
      Yeah, I could get hit by a bus and then the plug-in would expire and be useless. I certainly hope that doesn't happen I think I have missed the expiration date once or twice but did get it updated within about 24 hours.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

The only issue I really have is it shows really old programs that don't exist. Like I did a fresh install of the plugin and my ISY has nothing in it, no programs, variables, etc, however the plugin shows 4 programs on there that aren't on the ISY, like "Turn off master bathroom light after 20 minutes" a program that I haven't had on the ISY in months. Not a huge deal but weird that it pulls those when they aren't in the ISY.
        In most cases, the plug-in doesn't delete stuff automatically. Initially, I was worried about it deleting stuff it shouldn't and thus have programmed it to be fairly paranoid about that. There are a few cases where it could cause grief if the plug-in deleted records that don't exist on the ISY. One example might be if something happens to the ISY and the plug-in queries it before you were able to restore from backup. Or if the query to get device info from the ISY somehow got truncated.

The data about the devices created resides in the HomeSeer database, not in a plug-in specific data store. So just removing the plug-in doesn't clear out the device records stored in the HomeSeer database. I'm guessing that the 4 programs just never got deleted from HomeSeer.

It's usually easy enough to delete the HomeSeer records manually and if something is removed that shouldn't be, the plug-in will re-created it on the next restart. The only real issue is if you delete a device that has events associated with it, the events may be left in limbo.

It also may be possible that the ISY is sending info about those programs but that they're marked as deleted and the plug-in is ignoring that. If that's the case, and they re-appear in HomeSeer after deleting them, let me know.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I think it's the later as I deleted all traces of the plugin when I used it before (also pretty sure it showed old programs even then), and then I deleted everything from the ISY, all devices, scenes, programs etc. There's no devices in HS3 for the ISY either only Z-Wave ones. Not sure why it shows them, I just clicked Hide (which didn't actually delete their devices or hide them at all) so then manually deleted them from the HS3 device listing so seems okay. Very odd though!

Side question, if I want to use a HS3 event to illuminate a KeyPadLinc button, do I still need to do like on the ISY and create scenes with those buttons as responders, or does your plugin have any capability to turn on or off a button without using a scene?

Comment

I think it's the later as I deleted all traces of the plugin when I used it before (also pretty sure it showed old programs even then), and then I deleted everything from the ISY, all devices, scenes, programs etc. There's no devices in HS3 for the ISY either only Z-Wave ones. Not sure why it shows them, I just clicked Hide (which didn't actually delete their devices or hide them at all) so then manually deleted them from the HS3 device listing so seems okay. Very odd though!
            I'm sure I've deleted programs from the ISY and not had them show up in HomeSeer but I'll take a look and see if there's something the plug-in's doing here.

Side question, if I want to use a HS3 event to illuminate a KeyPadLinc button, do I still need to do like on the ISY and create scenes with those buttons as responders, or does your plugin have any capability to turn on or off a button without using a scene?
            That's an Insteon thing. The only way to control the light is via a scene. I think Mark's plug-in auto-creates the scene so it looks like it's able to directly control the light.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Another quick question, is there anything special needed to use the Hidden Door Sensor? I added it to the ISY and it works fine there but in HS3 it shows it as a device but when the door is open, it shows no status, there's no status icon or anything, and when the door is closed it shows the Off icon. Not sure if it's a huge deal or not but doesn't seem to show Open. I see under status it shows 0 for closed and 255 for open but tried deleting re-adding etc no luck. It seems the Off works but not On. I have it set just as 1 device not the 2.

Did a test event just to check, told it to turn a light on if On and turn it off if Off. When I close the door the light goes off, but opening it does noting even though the ISY shows ON.

Comment

Another quick question, is there anything special needed to use the Hidden Door Sensor? I added it to the ISY and it works fine there but in HS3 it shows it as a device but when the door is open, it shows no status, there's no status icon or anything, and when the door is closed it shows the Off icon. Not sure if it's a huge deal or not but doesn't seem to show Open. I see under status it shows 0 for closed and 255 for open but tried deleting re-adding etc no luck. It seems the Off works but not On. I have it set just as 1 device not the 2.

Did a test event just to check, told it to turn a light on if On and turn it off if Off. When I close the door the light goes off, but opening it does noting even though the ISY shows ON.
                It looks like there's a bug related to that class of devices. I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't been reported before now. I believe that the device created in HomeSeer is expecting to see a value of 0 = off (closed) and 255 = on (open). But that when the on message from the ISY is received I set the value to 100 (100%). You should be able to look at the actual value in HomeSeer and if it is set to 100, then that's the problem. If that's the case, as a temporary work around, you can go into the the HomeSeer device configuration and set the status/value pair "on" value to be 100. I think it will then show the On icon.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Was a false alarm actually! I had it set so 0 is Closed and 255 is Open, but it would only ever show Closed. If it was open there would be no status or icon. I then added a new Z-Wave switch that is to be controlled by the hidden door sensor so I had to restart HS3, as I always have to after adding a new Z-Wave for some reason. Restarting it fixed the problem and the hidden door sensor works perfect, shows open and closed as expected.

Comment

Hi there, just noticed a bug I thought I'd share.

If I have an event like:
                    If An ISY Device Event Happens Kitchen Light Sends Fast On, Then Set Device Dining Room Light to On

And I do the copy Event, and then change the copied one to "Sends Fast Off" and "Then Set Device Dining Room Light to Off", when I save it changes the "Sends Fast Off" back to Sends Fast On. If I change the first Event to Fast Off, it changes this one to Fast Off as well.

Only way to make it work was to make 2 separate events and not copy them. Only have this problem with the ISY plugin, everything else copies events just fine.

Comment

That does sound like a bug. I'll take a look at it.

Thanks for the report.

If I have an event like:
                      If An ISY Device Event Happens Kitchen Light Sends Fast On, Then Set Device Dining Room Light to On

And I do the copy Event, and then change the copied one to "Sends Fast Off" and "Then Set Device Dining Room Light to Off", when I save it changes the "Sends Fast Off" back to Sends Fast On. If I change the first Event to Fast Off, it changes this one to Fast Off as well.

Only way to make it work was to make 2 separate events and not copy them. Only have this problem with the ISY plugin, everything else copies events just fine.
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

If I have an event like:

This should be fixed in version 3.0.0.28. When you copy an event, HS also copies the event UID value. I was using that to identify the event. I'm now using something different, which should be unique, to identify the event.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

For some reason,HS3 is no longer working with my ISY994i IR. I had been on version 3.0.0.27 when this happened. I decided the trial had expired, and installed 3.0.0.31, but same thing. ISY Firmware: 5.0.6 (Alpha) ... not sure if the loss of HS control correlates to updating the ISY or not.

I've tried restarting HS3 and the ISY. The plug-in's "Device Filters" page only shows ISY Programs, and ISY Variables. No devices. The

Here are a few snips from the HS3 Log:

Oct-16 4:43:01 PM ISYInsteon SetIOMulti : ISY device mapping failure: No matching record for ID 101
                          Oct-16 4:43:01 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:43:01 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:43:00 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                          Oct-16 4:43:00 PM ISYInsteon SetIOMulti : ISY device mapping failure: No matching record for ID 101
                          Oct-16 4:43:00 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:43:00 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:59 PM ISYInsteon SetIOMulti : ISY device mapping failure: No matching record for ID 101
                          Oct-16 4:42:59 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:59 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:58 PM ISYInsteon SetIOMulti : ISY device mapping failure: No matching record for ID 101
                          Oct-16 4:42:58 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:58 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:57 PM ISYInsteon Found 6 state variables
                          Oct-16 4:42:57 PM ISYInsteon Found 3 integer variables
                          Oct-16 4:42:57 PM ISYInsteon SetIOMulti : ISY device mapping failure: No matching record for ID 101
                          Oct-16 4:42:57 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:57 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:56 PM ISYInsteon SetIOMulti : ISY device mapping failure: No matching record for ID 101
                          Oct-16 4:42:56 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:56 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:55 PM ISYInsteon SetIOMulti : ISY device mapping failure: No matching record for ID 101
                          Oct-16 4:42:55 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:55 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM ISYInsteon + 21090 Elk Security System
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM ISYInsteon + 21040 Networking Module
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM ISYInsteon + 21010 OpenADR
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM ISYInsteon Modules installed on ISY:
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM ISYInsteon InitialGetNodes : ISY node configuration query returned no devices or scenes.
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM ISYInsteon InitialGetNodes : ISY node configuration query returned an empty scene list.
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM ISYInsteon InitialGetNodes : ISY node configuration query returned an empty device list.
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM ISYInsteon SendRequest : The 's:Envelope' start tag on line 1 position 25 does not match the end tag of 's:Envelop'. Line 1, position 80375.
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM ISYInsteon SendRequest : Poorly defined XML
                          - Hidden Lake Estate
                          Gabbys22600
                          Front Room28308
                          Den22600
                          Keypads59136
                          Master Bath22600
                          Master Bedroom22600
                          Entry28308
                          Maintenance
                          Plant Room22600
                          Holiday Lighting28751
                          Status LEDs59136
                          Unused59136
                          3-Way Switches59136
                          Lighting Groups28751
                          Controllers59136
                          Batteries413
                          Scenes
                          Living Room28308
                          Dining Room28308
                          Upstairs
                          Garage28308
                          Downstairs

Oct-16 4:42:54 PM ISYInsteon SetIOMulti : ISY device mapping failure: No matching record for ID 101
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:54 PM ISYInsteon ISY Firmware version: 5.0.6
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in ISYInsteon
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon Skipping [/zwaveServices]
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon Skipping [/zwaveServices.wsdl]
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon Checking service type: UDIZWaveWebServices
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon Skipping [/sepServices]
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon Skipping [/sepServices.wsdl]
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon Checking service type: UDISEPWebServices
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon Skipping [/security/elk]
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon Skipping [/elkServices.wsdl]
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon Checking service type: UDIELKWebServices
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon Checking service type: urn:udi-com:service:X_Insteon_Lighting_Service:1
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon Creating isy class instance: [192.168.1.4]
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon GetOptions : Leave
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon GetOptions : Enter
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon InitIO : Enter - Called with COM1
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM Info Plugin ISYInsteon has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:64900
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM ISYInsteon I have connected to HS
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:53 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:52 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:52 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:51 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:51 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:50 PM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin ISYInsteon:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          Oct-16 4:42:50 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:50 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:49 PM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin ISYInsteon:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          Oct-16 4:42:49 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:49 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:48 PM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin ISYInsteon:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          Oct-16 4:42:48 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:48 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:47 PM Info Plugin ISYInsteon with instance: has disconnected
                          Oct-16 4:42:47 PM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin ISYInsteon:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          Oct-16 4:42:47 PM ISYInsteon SetIOMulti : ISY device mapping failure: No matching record for ID 101
                          Oct-16 4:42:47 PM ISYInsteon Clear all event handlers.
                          Oct-16 4:42:47 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:47 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:46 PM ISYInsteon Return from subscription thread
                          Oct-16 4:42:46 PM ISYInsteon Attemp to close TcpClient
                          Oct-16 4:42:46 PM ISYInsteon Read exited with True
                          Oct-16 4:42:46 PM ISYInsteon start thread shutdown functions.
                          Oct-16 4:42:46 PM ISYInsteon Stop called.
                          Oct-16 4:42:46 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: ISYInsteon
                          Oct-16 4:42:46 PM ISYInsteon SetIOMulti : ISY device mapping failure: No matching record for ID 101
                          Oct-16 4:42:46 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)
                          Oct-16 4:42:46 PM Event Event Trigger "System LED Battery Charger OFF"
                          Oct-16 4:42:45 PM ISYInsteon SetIOMulti : ISY device mapping failure: No matching record for ID 101
                          Oct-16 4:42:45 PM Device Control Device: Downstairs Kitchen Charger 6-LED Candles to Off (0)

Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 3F 4D 38 2
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 3F 4D 38 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 37 5B 5D 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 23 41 2F 2
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 23 41 2F 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 18 96 BC 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 25 B8 68 4
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 25 B8 68 2
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 25 B8 68 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 1B BE 11 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 1C 9D F 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 25 CB 83 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 33 33 33 6
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 33 33 33 5
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 33 33 33 4
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 11 BD 72 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 10 3 50 6
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 10 3 50 5
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 17 6F B7 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 10 3 50 4
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 10 3 50 3
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device C 4 D3 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 1E 7E 7B C
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 10 3 50 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 33 33 33 3
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 1E 7E 7B B
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 1E 7E 7B A
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 1E 7E 7B 9
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 1E 7E 7B 2
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 1E 7E 7B 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 11 B7 7F 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 11 BB 7E 1
                          Oct-16 4:39:18 PM ISYInsteon UpdateEvent : UpdateEvent unknown device 17 D5 F6 2

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
                            For some reason,HS3 is no longer working with my ISY994i IR. I had been on version 3.0.0.27 when this happened. I decided the trial had expired, and installed 3.0.0.31, but same thing. ISY Firmware: 5.0.6 (Alpha) ... not sure if the loss of HS control correlates to updating the ISY or not.

I've tried restarting HS3 and the ISY. The plug-in's "Device Filters" page only shows ISY Programs, and ISY Variables. No devices. The
                            Sorry for the delayed response, I've been out of the country.

The failure is happening as the plug-in tries to get the list of devices from the ISY. the XML sent by the ISY looks like it was truncated, based on the info in the log. But I can't tell if that's because something is bad in the XML (all the XML formatting got stripped either in the log output or in your cut-n-paste) or because something ran out memory or because the ISY truncated the response. If the plug-in ran out of memory trying to read it, an out of memory exception should have happened.

Given that this is what was reported:
                            on SendRequest : The 's:Envelope' start tag on line 1 position 25 does not match the end tag of 's:Envelop'. Line 1, position 80375.
                            It almost looks like the end tag which should have been </s:Envelope> was received as </s:Envelop> which would be an ISY problem.

I don't have 5.0.6 yet and haven't tried it.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I've been reading that 5.0.6 ISY has some issues where it doesn't update device status or recognize device changes, so I suspect it's an ISY issue. HS has started detecting several devices gradually adding more devices. For now, I'd say let's just see what the next ISY release fixes.

Comment

So, I didn't realize there was a new version and the ISY plugin stopped working today (I was on .25).

While in beta, could you add:

1) a version check to see if a newer version is available, which emails and lets you know when a new version is detected (a simple call to a TXT file on your server could tell the plugin which version is current)
                                2) the ability to have the plugin email you when the plugin is about to expire.

Not sure how much work those are, but it would help out.

Comment

Working...
                                X