Config files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Config files

If I write events on say a Windows PC running hs3 and I want to use those events on a Linux pc running hs3 is there a config file I can copy across or do I need to write them from scratch.

I have been developing events and devices on my laptop and want to copy them to my main hs3 system. I once copied the backup file over but it tried to use the other licence too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In theory bringing the HomeSeer database (probably called HomeSeer.hsd) across should work HOWEVER the issue with HS3 (compared to HS2) is that the event triggers may not always be inside the HomeSeer database. I would imagine for 95% of the time developers do store the trigger data inside the DB but they are at liberty to do what they want with it and as such you might have to bring some plugin files along with the HS DB. There are also I understand some issues with a specific type of list being moved between MONO and windows (that is resolved in MONO4 but HS does not support that yet) that might not work but I think for some people it does work.

Bottom line is try it - might work might not.

Comment

Working...
    X