trigger every x days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trigger every x days

Is it possible to create a trigger that starts on a certain date and then triggers every x days?

For example, trigger on January 17 at 6 am, and then trigger on January 20 at 6 am, January 23 at 6 am, January 26 at 6 am, etc.

Originally posted by Mountainman View Post
    Is it possible to create a trigger that starts on a certain date and then triggers every x days?

For example, trigger on January 17 at 6 am, and then trigger on January 20 at 6 am, January 23 at 6 am, January 26 at 6 am, etc.
    This is built into HS3. At the bottom of your event, expand the Options section. Parameter "Cannot Re-Run For:" is what you set.
    Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
    Number of Devices: 633
    Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.54.0: BLBackup
    2.0.40.0: BLLAN
    3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
    3.0.0.87: weatherXML
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Ok thanks. I had not thought of using that parameter to do this.

I wonder if that would work if HS is re-started. Any event option related to time delays seems prone to trouble if the system is shutdown and then started up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountainman View Post
        Ok thanks. I had not thought of using that parameter to do this.

I wonder if that would work if HS is re-started. Any event option related to time delays seems prone to trouble if the system is shutdown and then started up again.
        I have not noticed any issues with this parameter with reboot. I been using for years, I think, for outdoor landscaping watering, recycle bin reminder (every 2nd tuesday, etc. with no issues.
        Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
        Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
        Number of Devices: 633
        Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.54.0: BLBackup
        2.0.40.0: BLLAN
        3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
        30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
        3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
        3.0.0.87: weatherXML
        3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Well that sounds like proven success and I am interested in reliability. I will give it a try.

Thanks for replying.

Comment

hmm, I didn't know to use the 'cannot rerun' like that. I have a few timers setup. One for the every other week recycling day which triggers on sunday 9am if at least 12 days on the timer. Another one triggers after 90 days for the HVAC filters.

Comment

Working...
            X