Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Nano Dimmer vs Fibaro Dimmer 2

Hi Guys,

I am building a new house and are looking at getting Z wave micro switchs for lighting.

I have been talking to one of the suppliers here in New Zealand and he has given me two options. The Aeotec Nano Dimmer or the Fibaro Dimmer 2.

Talking to him the Aeotec Dimmer has just come out and no one has installed them yet so I was leaning towards the Fibaro due to it being more likely to have better support with HomeSeer.

Would there be much of a difference between the other than price? The Aeotec looks to be about $40 cheaper.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have 4 aeotec micro dimmer gen 2's installed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRI1CEK...a-304972195573

They do support instant status updates; but this feature has to be implicitly enabled under zwave settings.

The zwave settings are a tad squirly under homeseer. They time out with an error 'no response from the device...' but I was still able to enable the instant status (automatic notification) feature.

I would presume the nano behaves similarly. I have never used any fibaro products. If at all possible I would suggest you purchase one of each and test them out first.
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I would also recommend you look at Qubino dimmers. http://qubino.com/products/flush-dimmer/

They're very programmable with great documentation. They're slightly smaller than the Fibaro and about less than half the volume size of the Aeotec. That's a significant difference.

All of these hold solid wire just fine but I don't like the way any of them hold stranded wire, especially when stuffing back into a tight junction box. Stranded wire would do well being tinned first.

The Aeotec dimmer I have installed doesn't dim or brighten smoothly, it appears to jump 10% at a time which can be a bit annoying.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

Looking at the Qubino switches they look good but I cannot find a supplier that sells the Australia/New Zealand model.

The dealer is going to send me a Aeotec and a Fibaro to trial and will let me send one back depending on which one works best.

Comment

Hi Decal,

Did you try both the dimmers?

Which is the best for your needs and why? : -)

Regards,
          Casper

Comment

Working...
          X