Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 older Aeotec Doorbell secure, 1 newer (same model) Aeotec Doorbell not secure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 older Aeotec Doorbell secure, 1 newer (same model) Aeotec Doorbell not secure?

So basically I have 1 Aeotec Gen5 Doorbell that I purchased 6mo ago or so. Version 1.11 of the firmware, securely included.

I have another I bought within the last month. Has firmware version 1.12. I've recently tried to adopt this one and it will not do secure inclusion.

I have an open ticket with Aeotec on this also. It's the same Gen5 Doorbell, just one is newer.

I even put them on the same electrical outlet side by side. Removed each, and then adopted each. No luck.

Any thoughts?

Hmm, I just included a second doorbell into the system. After struggling with secure/unsecure inclusion on other devices and learning that "secure" requires much more communication, I decided to include unsecure and didn't even bother checking how the first one was included (secure by the way).

The second doorbell does not have a "root" device even after re-scanning. Though the one device does have "root" functions. Is this because of being added unsecure, because the firmware is one version newer, because of the latest HS3 or maybe z-wave build??

Although I have a Z-stick, I don't see a firmware upgrade available for the bell, unlike the Aeotec motion sensors.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is the same exact issue as the Aeotec Sirens have. I have three of them total. One will include securely without failure, the other two will not no matter what you try. Firmware is the same on all three.

My secure siren has a root device; the two unsecure units do not. I don't get much use out of these, since they were initially bought to serve as secure repeaters for my door locks, and I was never able to get two of three to ever function correctly.

Comment

My secure siren has a root device; the two unsecure units do not.
        But they all work? Both of mine work, they just look different in device management.

I personally don't care if they're secure inclusion or not, I actually prefer unsecure. However, I am concerned that if the root doesn't display then there's something that might not function properly.

Comment

Working...
        X