X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to 190 fails

Current Date/Time: 03/02/2018 20:47:56
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
    Linux version: Linux xxxxx 4.4.0-112-generic #135-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 19 11:48:14 UTC 2018 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 5 Hours 57 Minutes 56 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 360
    Number of Events: 224
    Available Threads: 99

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.50.0: BLBackup
    1.2.2.0: Device History
    3.0.0.43: EasyTrigger
    2.0.1.8: JowiHue
    1.5.0.0: MQTT
    3.0.1.109: PHLocation
    0.0.0.37: Pushover 3P
    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
    3.0.5.7: SDJ-Health
    3.0.0.76: weatherXML
    3.0.1.162: Z-Wave

Update fails every time. Tried to disable plugin and restarting the server prior to update, but no change.

How can I debug this?

Feb-03 19:35:59 Updater Install/Update of package HomeSeer Z-Wave failed.
    Feb-03 19:35:59 Updater Error Installation of package HomeSeer Z-Wave failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
    Feb-03 19:35:59 Updater Installing package HomeSeer Z-Wave
    Feb-03 19:35:59 Updater Update HSPI_ZWave.exe downloaded successfully
    Feb-03 19:35:56 Updater Downloading update: HomeSeer Z-Wave
    Feb-03 19:35:56 Updater Starting download of updates
    Feb-03 19:35:46 Info Plugin Z-Wave with instance: has disconnected
    Feb-03 19:35:46 Z-Wave UZB1: Exiting Ethernet Communications Thread
    Feb-03 19:35:46 Z-Wave Finished: 134 Z-Wave Scenes, applying changes to the database...
    Feb-03 19:35:46 Z-Wave Finished processing Z-Wave Devices.
    Feb-03 19:35:46 Z-Wave Finished: 128 Z-Wave Devices, applying changes to database...
    Feb-03 19:35:46 Z-Wave Saving Z-Wave Devices Information...
    Feb-03 19:35:46 Z-Wave Finished processing Z-Wave Network(s).
    Feb-03 19:35:46 Z-Wave Finished: 1 Z-Wave Networks, applying changes to database...
    Feb-03 19:35:46 Z-Wave Saving Z-Wave Network Information...
    Feb-03 19:35:46 Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Z-Wave

I just installed it. I've been chasing ghosts for two days and just realized there was an update. Hopefully my ghosts are gone. I just disabled the plugin, and then did the update while disabled, then enabled, and then restarted the hometroller. Maybe disable the plugin, restart hometroller, and then install? Maybe go into the zwave add node location and disable the zwave interface there prior to the steps listed above. Maybe you should disable all plugins prior to trying to install. I'm guessing something is using the ini file or something and it can't install until it is released.

Comment

I had the same issues in the past few betas. What I end up doing, which is a PITA, is go to the Updates3 directory, unpack the zip file and follow the directions in the .txt files manually.
      BTW: I'm not sure if thr mono libraries are case-sensitive, but the Linux file-system is case-sensitive and some directories have a different case. I tried creating some hard links within the HomeSeer directory but it didn't help. Copying the files manually and then restarting HomeSeer works but it's a bit of a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by emiliosic View Post
        I had the same issues in the past few betas. What I end up doing, which is a PITA, is go to the Updates3 directory, unpack the zip file and follow the directions in the .txt files manually.
        BTW: I'm not sure if thr mono libraries are case-sensitive, but the Linux file-system is case-sensitive and some directories have a different case. I tried creating some hard links within the HomeSeer directory but it didn't help. Copying the files manually and then restarting HomeSeer works but it's a bit of a pain.
        Just did it manually as described in install.txt. Seems to work.

Comment

If you encounter this issue please email support@homeseer.com so they can assist you with this issue.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            If you encounter this issue please email support@homeseer.com so they can assist you with this issue.

What is updating to 190 supposed to do for us? Is there a place we can see a description of these updates?

Comment

Originally posted by BeenHeavyinFlorida View Post
              What is updating to 190 supposed to do for us? Is there a place we can see a description of these updates?
              The release notes are in this thread:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175414
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
              X