www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Energy Management Plug-ins > Energy Management Discussion > APCUPSD Plugin (3P)

APCUPSD Plugin (3P) Discussions related to the APCUPSD UPS monitoring plugin.

Old September 15th, 2016, 02:13 AM
Seer Master

UPS Status device value incorrect in some cases

Running apcupsd 3.14.14 on two Windows boxes and one Rpi. When the UPS goes offline, the status device displays 'charging' (value 3) instead of 'offline' (value 0).
Also for a slave device, the status is always 'charging', no matter what.

Image 1: UPS2 (master) offline (USB disconnected)
Image 2: UPS3 (slave) when master offine
Image 3: UPS3 (slave) online, normal condition, 100% charged
Attached Images

Old September 15th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Super Seer

The two devices are actually driven by two separate fields received from the apcupsd software. The Status device value is driven by a STATUS received from apcupsd, while the Status Flags device value comes from the STATFLAG. If you enable debug mode in the plugin, it will display in the HS3 log file the underlying updates received from the apcupsd software (for example for STATUS and STATFLAG). Can you enable it and post the values from the HS3 log of what is sent by the apcupsd software for each of the three UPS?
Old September 15th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
The two devices are actually driven by two separate fields received from the apcupsd software. The Status device value is driven by a STATUS received from apcupsd, while the Status Flags device value comes from the STATFLAG. If you enable debug mode in the plugin, it will display in the HS3 log file the underlying updates received from the apcupsd software (for example for STATUS and STATFLAG). Can you enable it and post the values from the HS3 log of what is sent by the apcupsd software for each of the three UPS?
I should make clear that I have two UPS's. Each is connected to a Windows box, and both behave the same. The Rpi is slaved off one of the Windows boxes. So its safe to ignore UPS1 in attached.
(As a side note, I verified that the Rpi can act as a master, with the Windows box slaved to that. The behavior of the plugin is the same; master shows charging when offline, and slave always shows charging).
Attached Files
File Type: txt apcupsd debug.txt (27.5 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by zwolfpack; September 16th, 2016 at 01:02 AM. Reason: replace attachment with updated UPS3 entries
Old September 16th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwolfpack View Post
I should make clear that I have two UPS's. Each is connected to a Windows box, and both behave the same. The Rpi is slaved off one of the Windows boxes. So its safe to ignore UPS1 in attached.

(As a side note, I verified that the Rpi can act as a master, with the Windows box slaved to that. The behavior of the plugin is the same; master shows charging when offline, and slave always shows charging).

Thank and will look at it (will take a few days)
Old September 26th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Super Seer

Quote:

Check the updated version in the updater. It should update the status value if master/slave setup is used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old September 26th, 2016, 10:07 PM
Seer Master

Slave looks good - matches the master.

No comm event still show "charging" instead of "offline" for both master & slave.
Old September 27th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
No comm event still show "charging" instead of "offline" for both master & slave.

I guess I missed looking into that one. What do you mean by "No comm event"? Can you clarify? Thanks

Old September 28th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Seer Master

Situation where the USB gets disconnected. See image 1 & 2 in 1st post. The staus flag value is actually COMM_LOST. Seems like the status device should show 'Offline' rather than 'Charging'.
Old October 9th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Situation where the USB gets disconnected. See image 1 & 2 in 1st post. The staus flag value is actually COMM_LOST. Seems like the status device should show 'Offline' rather than 'Charging'.

Check the latest version in the updater. It should resolve this issue.

Old October 9th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Seer Master

I'm getting 'Wrong Local header signature' on the update:

Code:
Oct-09 12:33:56 PM Updater    Install/Update of package APCUPSD failed.
Oct-09 12:33:56 PM Updater Error    Installation of package APCUPSD failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
Oct-09 12:33:56 PM Updater Error    Unable to open install.txt file for update C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\APCUPSD3.2.0.5
Oct-09 12:33:56 PM Error    Error unzipping C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\APCUPSD3.2.0.5\HSPI_APCUPSD_3.2.0.5.zip, Wrong Local header signature: 0x4F44213C on line 0
Oct-09 12:33:56 PM Updater    Installing package APCUPSD
Old October 9th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi,

Same error here. But nevertheless, the plugin was disabled before update.
RFXCom LAN, IRTrans LAN+USB, USBModem, Oregon Scientific Sensors, 1-Wire, IPX800, Z-Wave devices
Old October 9th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eole View Post
Hi,

Same error here. But nevertheless, the plugin was disabled before update.

I will check with the folks at homeseer about the content in the updater.
Old October 10th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Super Seer

Try to install it again rom the updater. They resolved the issue.

Old October 11th, 2016, 12:29 AM
Seer Master

Thumbs up Issues fixed

Looks good - both the master and slave devices now correctly display the offline condition.

Thanks!