X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow RF

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
    Gordon,
    Have you compared the performance effects of 'complete' plug-in removal vs. simply renaming or deleting the plug-in dll?
    Performance does seem to improve when the plugin is completly removed, but it is difficult to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Thanks for directing me to the method to remove HS plug-ins. My initial impression is that my computer literacy skills are not good enough yet to play with things like .bat files. I have learned alot here with Home Seer but there is still alot I have yet to learn. When I have a little extra time to look at it, I will try and completely remove the plug-ins.
      I have to say I am very surprised that Jon Ort is not responding to my requests for customer support. I sent him the error log as directed and I have sent him several emails but he has offered no assistance as far as finding a solution. He is not responding to my requests for help...

Comment

Originally posted by Bauerlein99 View Post
        Thanks for directing me to the method to remove HS plug-ins. My initial impression is that my computer literacy skills are not good enough yet to play with things like .bat files............
        BAT files are simple, just double click them.

I have found that removing non used Plugins has made HS a lot more stable.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bauerlein99 View Post
          When I have a little extra time to look at it, I will try and completely remove the plug-ins.
          Gordon may differ, but I think you can accomplish most if not all of the benefit by renaming the dll corresponding to the plug-in. The dll files are all located in the main HS directory and start with 'HSPI' then the name of the plug-in, like 'HSPI_ITUNES.dll' for example. If you remove the 'HSPI_' part from the front, and change the dll to something else, like bak, HS should become blind to the existence of the plug-in.
          (HS cannot be running when you change the name of the dll, by the way.)
          I have to say I am very surprised that Jon Ort is not responding to my requests for customer support. I sent him the error log as directed and I have sent him several emails but he has offered no assistance as far as finding a solution. He is not responding to my requests for help...
          I cannot speak for Jon, but my guess is that he does not have any suggestions. From what you've described, the ACRF2 plug-in appears to be performing normally. As you noted in your previous post, "I did turn on debugging in the ACRF-2 plug- in and tried to use the remote. It registered immediately in Home Seer but there was a 3 second delay in the light turning on or off."

If the signal from the remote is registering immediately, then it would seem that the delay is coming after the ACRF plug-in has delivered the trigger signal to HS. Do you have a way to generate an X10 trigger on the power line? It might be instructive to see if there is a difference depending on where the trigger was generated.
          Last edited by Uncle Michael; April 15, 2013, 03:29 PM. Reason: Added info
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            Gordon may differ, but I think you can accomplish most if not all of the benefit by renaming the dll corresponding to the plug-in. The dll files are all located in the main HS directory and start with 'HSPI' then the name of the plug-in, like 'HSPI_ITUNES.dll' for example. If you remove the 'HSPI_' part from the front, and change the dll to something else, like bak, HS should become blind to the existence of the plug-in.
            (HS cannot be running when you change the name of the dll, by the way.)
            No I do not disagree completely, I do not know for certain, but, I think you should also remove the MS association to HS before removing or renaming them.
            sigpic

Comment

As a foot note to my last post.

As you well may know I was having a hell of a time keeping RF working, 1 perhaps 2 days at the most. Pete had a look at my machine and spotted a lot of plugins no longer in use, Disabled but HS had found them.

I removed them completely using my method as posted in the how too's and completely removed ACRF as it was handling only US frequencies and left RFXCom to handle the EU frequencies and HS is behaving like a young pup. It's been up for 12 days since then without a problem.

Now I do not know what made the change, I wonder if it was using two different radio frequencies or just having unused plugins.

Don't know.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X